Passed C+E. MASSIVE thanks to PSTT

hello all

[long post alert!!!]

Managed to scrape a pass together first time taking my C+E. Very happy and relieved to have passed the test, considering the complications that arose.

What a package and what service the team at Peter Smythe Transport Training give. i booked up using the deposit scheme Peter ran just into the lead up to Christmas. 14 hours Training in a well maintained fleet (I had Big Red, the Artic), Test and vehicle hire fees, subsidized accommodation and DCPC hours for £1,350 (at the time I booked) I feel is good value. So to then knock off 10% for us members is fantastic. The training I was given was very good and i felt ready for test day on Wednesday.

For this alone I would highly recommend PSTT.

Now for the complications:

On Tuesday, one of the DVSA Examiner’s went sick leaving a number of trainees in the lurch. I understand that this had not happened in a number of years for PSTT. So the remaining Examiner and the Team did their best to get as many tests completed during the day. after coming in off my training on Tuesday, “it hasn’t happened before so don’t worry, it cant happen tomorrow” I was told.

Wednesday morning, about 2 & 1/2 hours before test I get a phone call from Tracey saying a different examiner had phoned in ill and my test had been cancelled. Talk about the law of buses eh. Everyone at PSTT pulled out all the stops to rearrange a new test for me for Thursday, by demanding the DVSA GUARANTEE an examiner would there on Thursday. As i was on a residential course and coming back would involve a 550 mile round trip, unfortunately other people’s tests were cancelled to give me my test. I really sincerely hope that the people who lost their test times on Thursday for me and a few others are not too affected and they all pass.

Through NO fault of PSTT quite a number of their clients have been affected by the DVSA and their actions and they have a service that in my opinion is second to NONE. I appreciate everyone can be affected by illness, but if a business ran with a skeleton crew that cannot cover unforseen events , then they would be dead in the ground within years. however what can you do with government agencies that are ultimately not answerable to their clients.

so in closing a great package that with no problems i would highly recommend, and their service to me the client, I WOULD CHOOSE NO OTHER TRAINING PROVIDER

thanks

Adrian

Firstly, apologies for the disruption. Secondly, thanks for your understanding. Thirdly, thanks for your comments. O yes, nearly forgot - - congratulations on the pass!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would still blame PSTT just because its nice to blame someone :wink: :laughing:

Well done on the pass bud. :smiley:

Are you related to Pete? :open_mouth:

But seriously, great news and praise for PSTT.
I did both mine there, and wouldn’t disagree on the service & staff…

I want the same commission rate as the OP please Pete? :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Are you related to Pete? :open_mouth:

But seriously, great news and praise for PSTT.
I did both mine there, and wouldn’t disagree on the service & staff…

I want the same commission rate as the OP please Pete? :smiley:

Haha not related to Pete.

But when you consider that after shelling out 1200+ acquiring a new skill. And then the DVSA cancelling my test 3 hours before its due to start. I think there’s no way you could take the training and experience, wait a few weeks and jump straight back into an article for test without any additional training. I feel you have to train intensively in a block and take your test immediately. To get your eye back in probably would take a let’s say 6 hours.
The DVSA wold not pay for training taken before cancelled test, nor any training between cancelled and new test. So I personally think PSTT have probably saved me ANOTHER 400+ pound in retraining costs.

So that’s why I think Peternal and his fantastic team deserve all the praise they get.

Adey

A smart and savvy bloke is Pete, and he has a great team and ethos to boot.

All I have to do is get him to make the drinks machine free, and he’ll be perfect! :grimacing:

I thought about starting a petition. :wink: and instead, I’ve so far just badgered and harassed him! :laughing:
Now I’m going to move on to logic! :open_mouth:

Pete loves his pass rate, it’s the ultimate guide, along with volume… :smiley:
So what Pete needs, is highly relaxed candidates embarking on a nervous 3+ hour voyage of discovery, with perfect Zen for the candidate, and not thinking “Oh Crap!” as they realise they are now in a wider vehicle with ears hanging off it. So what they didn’t want to do; is apprehensively come in and introduce themselves, and THEN fumble for change to buy a drink to occupy themselves, as they stave off the impending dread…

Am I plucking at your heart strings yet Pete, or just your pocket? :laughing:

A bit of both; wonder which one will come out on top!

Peter Smythe:
A bit of both; wonder which one will come out on top!

It’s not like it can be abused by candidates Pete! :wink:
They get introduced to it at the start, and are then whisked away, only to get a loving glance and potential embrace again at the end. :smiley:

I’ll be going for psychology on the next one Pete! :smiley: