Passed c + e. Big thank you to pstt

Hi all first time poster

Today I passed my C+E with 1 minor. I would like to say a massive thank you to Peter Smythe Transport Training who have helped me pass. And a big thank you to my instructor Chris mc who guided me through everything with superb training and advice.
Especially helpful as lost my license last Friday and luckily enough it came yesterday from the dvla as I was unsure if would even be able to do my test.

Just would like anyone to know if they are thinking about training wherever they are from consider psst as I am from.Essex and it was worth the journey up here 100%

Thank you all

Michael

Congrats pal! :smiley:

I hope to soon be following in your foot steps…

Thanks guys :slight_smile: am so happy as was so nervous on test

Well done, and thanks for the kind comments. I’m sure you wont mind if I mention that the minor mark was for a shunt on the reverse. In other words, no faults recorded on the drive.

Quite an achievement = congratulations.

Really pleased that the licence situation came right for you as well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Peter and yeah that surprised me wasn’t expected at all. But I thank you and your driving school and instructer for bringing me to that standard.
Again I would highly recommend pstt to anyone from.whereever you are. Well worth the investment.

And also a Big thumbs up to Peters new site which is amazing, looks like alot of time and investment has been put into it and has excellent facilities. If didn’t live so far away would definitely be at the open day on Saturday.

Michael

Congratulations on the pass Rancid911 and very well done for only the 1 minor. Did you go for the artic or the drag? I had Chris for Cat C, he’s an excellent intructor.

Thanks Warbital. I went for the w & d then did 4 hours refresher course straight after.
Yeah he definately is a great instructor so calm and reassuring

Did you do the Burger King turn?

Yeah turn right at burger king at the lights following directions to m1 south?

That’s the other way round to what Radar19 was getting at. The trickiest turn on our test routes is the left at Burger King with an artic. Not any sort of issue with any other vehicle and can be done with artic. But it concentrates the mind!!

But this is in the context of other turns featured in other test centres which have many more of similar types of turn.

Well done Rancid. Big boys VIP lounge area for you now.

Packed, sticky, ■■■■-ridden dance floor for less fortunate rigid drivers.

Peter Smythe:
…The trickiest turn on our test routes is the left at Burger King with an artic. Not any sort of issue with any other vehicle and can be done with artic. But it concentrates the mind!!Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Curious now Pete, which Burger King? Mansfield ring road, left towards Nottingham?
The left at the traffic lights on the opposite side of the road is tight - that one?.. … … Hmm just had a gander at google maps, must be that one.

On the ring road (Belvedere Street) then turn left at the lights with Burger King on the right. Turning onto St Peter’s Way. It’s a single lane with bollard cunningly positioned so that no more road can be borrowed. But it can be done with slow, slow speed and careful steering. If the trailer rubs the kerb, the examiners don’t worry about it.

Peter Smythe:
On the ring road (Belvedere Street) then turn left at the lights with Burger King on the right. Turning onto St Peter’s Way. It’s a single lane with bollard cunningly positioned so that no more road can be borrowed. But it can be done with slow, slow speed and careful steering. If the trailer rubs the kerb, the examiners don’t worry about it.

That’s the one I thought it was, the left turn at the two mini roundabouts in Mansfield W’House is also pretty tight but I don’t think that route is used any more now you have moved.

Radar19:
Did you do the Burger King turn?

Probably a bit tight in the drive through :smiley: :smiley:

elmet training:
Probably a bit tight in the drive through :smiley: :smiley:

But at least that turn has an added incentive. :laughing:

Well done passing c+e mate. Only one minor on the reverse is a great achievement.

I did the left turn at burger king on my test in Petes big red Man and its bleeding tight. Hugged the curb as much as id dared on the offside which I thought would have given me acres of space on the nearside…how wrong was I…god knows how I got it round.

■■■ paper springs to mind!!

good luck for the future

Dan

the left turn at the two mini roundabouts in Mansfield W’House is also pretty tight but I don’t think that route is used any more now you have moved.

Correct

Congratulations!!!

It’s a good job that you have posted your results, as P.S. has previously criticised members in the past for passing the test using his services and then failing to post a glowing eulogy.

All the best .