Passed C! :D Anyone recommend any agencies?

Passed class C at simonswood this morning! Compared to stockport, simonswood was a breeze! Never again will I ever sit anything at bredbury! Its such a good feeling to get at least one passed! :smiley:

4 driver faults but thats irrelevant really, I would be happy with 14! Its the ā€œyou have passedā€ bit I am interested in! Now, I am going to do my C+E soon but was hoping to get some sundays (maybe even occasional saturday) with an agency for a bit now. Cany anyone suggest anywhere in the St Helens / Wigan / skem/Warrington type areas? I am not fussy, I am after paid experience! The wages are not important (although I do want some lol) and I will be happy in anything they will send me out in. 7.5 tonne wil do! I am not looking to give up my current job so it really has to be weekends only.

I have absolutely no tacho experience, have to say that worries me more than the driving! Will be applying for a digi card as soon as my license comes back though.

Congrats mate!

Canā€™t help with the agency, not my neck of the woods but Iā€™m sure someone will know. You could try sending Mike-C a PM, heā€™s from that way and very helpful.

WELL DONE spy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
now comes the steep learning curve - ASK, ASK, ASK

Look out for a Driver Hire in your area national franchise company that will take on newly qualified drivers. other than that just ring around most will not want to know but you will get some that are willing to give you a chance ā€¦ to be honest Sundays for Class C are very very rare via agencies I am not saying you wont get any but it really isnt an viable option ā€¦ you have more flexibility with Class 1. As for Saturdays the only thing to be wary of is your WTD if you have a full time job you can only work every other Saturday. Not only that but as you would expect if an Agency has a regular driver who needs extra hours at weekend they will go to him first as a newbie you are bottom of the pile. expect the call 20 mins before they want you at a place to cover for a driver that has ducked etc etc ā€¦ and get used to early morning starts

Good luck :smiley:

Donā€™t know if thereā€™s one in your area, but when I did agency work it was with Ranstad. Can only speak for the Swansea office, but they were very good with me.