Passed away last week Egg on Legs

To all who new him Kenny (Egg on Legs) passed away last week in London, He had come over to England for a few weeks from Thailand, nice bloke, sad to see another one go, God bless.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

RIP kenny Bowkett, a “larger than life” character if ever there was one.

Thats Terrible news…!!! I spoke to him by phone a few weeks ago. He wanted to sell his house in Pattaya & move a little further out of town. When I spoke to him he was in the bath enjoying a good life with his Thai wife in Pattaya. He was Dee-Jaying on Saturdays on Pattaya radio. What did he die of…? Sadly missed.

This is my first post,i am saddened to read about egg on legs,aka kenny , i knew him when i was a drivers mate working for maybanks at charlton ,i knew his dad as well jimmy, old egg was a good laugh then , i have not seen him for thirty years, rest in peace egg, truck on in heaven.

Hi Harry,
Not sure what he died from, he was found dead in a hotel, I’m waiting for further info from his cousin, but he did say it might be from natual causes.
he his being buried in south london on the 8th October
Will post more info as and when available,

Regards

Tony

Thank you Tony, he did tell me that he lost his licence several years ago due to heart probs. I never met Kenny but a few months ago I had a small prob in Thai that I needed advice for. I PM’d Kenny & he gave me his Thai number & I called him a few times. He was always in the bath ,drinking beer or just going to his local bar to drink beer or in the bar. :laughing: He was also very proud of his wife .I was looking forward to meeting him next month when I go back. He had that Thai job completely worked out.He was a very helpful man & a seemed to me ,to be a very happy man.R.I.P

I have moved this topic in here as this is the forum where Eggs mainly posted.

I am saddened by his death and my thoughts are with his friends and family

Rikki

I dont think I ever met Egg on Legs but his nickname was used on me when I worked in those parts. Eventually I became known as Little Legs.

I will mention to some people I know who have never been near TruckNet.

As always , sympathy to friends and family

Our very own PEC Ken Bowkett is hosting a radio show every Saturday, on FM 103, from noon to 2PM. “Santa” Ken talks to guests, makes a few suggestions, and spins a few hot discs…enjoy the show! Ken also be hosts a guest in his studio, along with the great music. Tune in the “Kuddly Ken Show” on FM 103.
Ken Bowkett, FM 103, every Saturday from 12 noon to 2PM
Ken hosts a guest in his studio, along with great music. Tune in the Kuddly Ken Show on FM 103.

Doing a search on poor old Ken.This was from the Pattaya Ex-Pats Club.

Ken was well known & well liked in Thailand.

thaivisa.com/forum/index.php … try1560469

ken was a good friend of mine and i am saddened to hear of his death .we used to move from firm to firm together in the 70s+ 80s he waas great fun we have been all over Europe together and i still think of the things we done and have a laugh to my self about them .i last see him the week he went to thailand to live . rest in peace ken

R.I.P Kenny you where a good fella

mark fahy ex RTH-international

bobw123:
ken was a good friend of mine and i am saddened to hear of his death .we used to move from firm to firm together in the 70s+ 80s he waas great fun we have been all over Europe together and i still think of the things we done and have a laugh to my self about them .i last see him the week he went to thailand to live . rest in peace ken

Hullo bobw123,
So sorry to hear of the death of Kenny, another of the good’uns dying young. He was a smashing bloke and will I am certain be remembered by many others as such. How are you ? it must be a bad time for you also. I remember you both well.
Cheers, Archie.

Kenny, taken at Carisio late 80’s

Dave.

RIP Fella thats a shocker