Pass Rates

DVSA have just published the pass rates for the LGV and PCV test centres for 2013-14.
No major change in the national Average 54.3%.
I would like to say a MASSIVE well done to anyone who has trained with us during this time - 76.8% pass rate on LGV -that’s the 5th highest pass rate out of the 78 test centres published.
Very happy and proud of the hard work both the Customers and Instructors have put in to achieve this.

gov.uk/government/statistic … statistics

John

Do the figures include all the places that testing is done because many training schools now have their own reversing area etc?

We have our own Testing Area ROG that is how I can guarantee the rate is correct for us - most of the Private Trainers with their own centres are listed.

John

chevmac:
We have our own Testing Area ROG that is how I can guarantee the rate is correct for us - most of the Private Trainers with their own centres are listed.

John

Thank you John

It’s just a shame that they can’t print pass rates from company’s that use the trainer booking facility.

Paul :smiley:

Just to add to the above, if the DVSA publicised the trainer bookers statistics I’m sure this would help weed the more unscrupulous companies out of the industry.

Any views…

elmet training:
It’s just a shame that they can’t print pass rates from company’s that use the trainer booking facility.

Paul

Have you asked under FOI for your own company figures? maybe you could get something that way

John

I’ve sent the DVSA a message so will see what happens.

elmet training:
Just to add to the above, if the DVSA publicised the trainer bookers statistics I’m sure this would help weed the more unscrupulous companies out of the industry.

Any views…

What that would do is help well performing training providers who happen to test at a centre with an overall poor pass rate - don’t see that happening though, don’t forget not everyone wants their pass rates published :wink:

John

chevmac:

elmet training:

Any views…

don’t forget not everyone wants their pass rates published :wink:

John

I wonder why ?

Well done John. That’s a great achievement for you, your staff and candidates. Happy to say we’re in the higher group as well - but 66.7%. Still way over the national average but I wont rest until we’ve beaten Chevron!!

In defence of our slightly lower figure, we do seem to have had a run of folks who really don’t care if they pass or not as they are paid for by third parties. Such a waste.

But the figures speak for themselves, so hats off to John at Chevron.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Well done John. That’s a great achievement for you, your staff and candidates. Happy to say we’re in the higher group as well - but 66.7%. Still way over the national average but I wont rest until we’ve beaten Chevron!!

In defence of our slightly lower figure, we do seem to have had a run of folks who really don’t care if they pass or not as they are paid for by third parties. Such a waste.

Plus you had me to train…twice. sorry. :wink:

Plus you had me to train…twice. sorry. :wink:

Ah - so it’s your fault then! Seriously, folks like you and many others that actually want the licence are a real pleasure to train. Some of those that are doing it to keep an employer or DSS happy are simply not interested. And, whilst it’s nice to hold major training contracts, this is the obvious downside.

Can’t win them all!

Peter Smythe:

Thanks for your kind comments Pete - and well done to yourself and staff - we all know pass rates are only as good as the trainee on the day, thankfully ours have been good :smiley: :smiley: .
I really can concur with your comments about wanting to pass - we had a very similar “group” of potential bus drivers, some of whom, who seemed happier signing on :unamused:

John

Well with them statistics I am 100% sure I have picked the right company to do my C+E with in september

I am pleased with second place on the list - well done JLD Driver Training Limited