Particulate filters?

just asking to see if any of you are running a truck with one fitted? if so just want to know what you think of it, reason for asking my boss thinking of fitting one to a 55 plate 95. is there any downside with it? any feedback would be most helpful. :smiley:

To keep the particulate filter discussion all in one place, I’ve merged and retitled your two topics because they are about the same subject. dd.

all i know is that when the ones on a man become blocked it seriously affects the effectiveness of the heater.
had a new one fitted once and it really made a difference

any of you running a truck with an l e z particular filter fitted? my boss thinking of fitting one to a 55 plate 95, is there any downside to fitting one, ie performance,fuel economy,reliability? as i said before any info would be most helpful. :smiley:

blade 68:
just asking to see if any of you are running a truck with one fitted? if so just want to know what you think of it, reason for asking my boss thinking of fitting one to a 55 plate 95. is there any downside with it? any feedback would be most helpful. :smiley:

I think you mean a particulate trap/filter, they’re expensive to fit as for downsides they need cleaning by an approved installer when they’ve caught enough particulates. I’ve got a Baumot stack on mine its noisier than a Volvo one & looks rubbish, apart from the risk of it being knicked too there are no downsides, oh just one more £4500 at least for a 430 DAF or thereabouts…

I think the word you’re looking for is ‘particulate’ filter.

Sorry to sound pedantic.

ShropsBri:

Sorry to sound pedantic.

Pedant! :laughing:

ShropsBri:

Sorry to sound pedantic.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wear with pride my son.

Thanks guys! I shall wear it with pride…but in my defence it is the second thread he has started trying to find out about them.

ok my mistake!! thats what happens when you tpye after drniking a bollttle of wine too quick :unamused: , still any info would be good, boss is a one man band so he’s thinking of the best route to take, filter or a newer truck.

blade 68:
ok my mistake!! thats what happens when you tpye after drniking a bollttle of wine too quick :unamused: , still any info would be good, boss is a one man band so he’s thinking of the best route to take, filter or a newer truck.

Another mistake…You can never drink wine too quick :laughing:

Sorry,filters…

We’re not bothering and making do with our Euro 5 wagons; KR79 has a mate who’s bought one of our Y reg Fodens and he’s fitting one to it. As a guide I was told by workshop that mine would cost around £1500 to retro fit one. I’m glad they’re not bothering :sunglasses:

thanks for the input, i’ll let him know and make his mind up. p.s you are correct shrops bri, wine can never be drunk too quick!

You’re not the lad who I used to work with in Telford are you on hiabs?
He had his name in the window ‘Blaze’.

I agree with a comment about this on a different post, if they dont want smelly trucks in London, let the buggers starve.

no bri, same neck o the woods tho! you on for fordie??

Nooooo,fridge firm out of Telford.

ok, thought u sumbody else, fridge work, me ime more of a fence panel/ timber man meself!

I drive a brand new Frieghtliner Cascadia which has a DPF and at first I couldn’t get used to it, now I am used to it and quite like it, most of the time it regenerates on the go but it needs to be doing 60mph for at least 30 minutes to work so when it doesn’t achieve that status it will either tell me it needs regenerating or when I am idling it will do it automatically and this is the only downfall because once it starts I have to sit and wait till it is finished, if I even touch the brake or clutch which shuts it down I get a sign telling me to do a manual regen.
This truck pulls like nothing I have had before even with the same sized engine so it has no effect there.

thanks fer that pat, did you used to drive for swifts outa northampton?