Partially filled IBC's and ADR

Hi Dave,

Long time no speak.

Anyhow, had a situation today when one of our drivers went for a collection of 3 IBCs and the dude at the collection point refused to despatch them because the driver did not have an ADR and these IBCs had not been washed out and that there was about 200 litres, collectively in total between the 3.

There is one ADR driver at our depot that claims this is right because although the IBCs were NOT full, by ANY means, they still had the capacity to hold well over 3000 litres, and that it made no difference whether they are full or not.

This REALLY got my back up at not only my friend and colleague, but more so at the muppet at the collection point for refusing to dispatch them.

Am I right in saying that he was WRONG not to despatch them to a non ADR driver?

Am I right to say that these IBCs did not need washing out to require a non ADR driver?

I’d love some rules and regs to prove I am right!

I’ve moved your question to the end of the ADR sticky so that it can be seen at the top of the forum, wheras if I’d left it here, it would have slid down the forum and got lost eventually. :frowning:

It’s the first question of this type, so I’ve moved it to save me typing it all out again, if somebody else asks. :sunglasses:

I do hope you don’t mind. :smiley:

I’ve put it HERE :wink: :smiley: