Part-Time Work

Say you owned a cab, would it be possible to get part time work when you wanted to? I know this is such a general question, im just interested if I would be able to be an owner/driver as a part time job?

Cheers :smiley:

Maybe a taxi cab. :laughing:

Only joking, I had been self employed for the last 10 years (not trucks) and would love to have my own unit, I have looked a little into it on this and other trucking sites and the whole deal is full of real money and politics.

It not like owning a car, operators licences, lots of money held in bank acount by law, punters not paying and making you bankrupt. etc etc etc.

However don’t let me put you off. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to Trucknet-UK onthemove :wink:

You’re thinking of investing in an artic unit for part time work :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t have thought you could possibly make it pay even a part time income, but I’ll wait to be corrected.

This would probably be best asked in the “Owner and Fleet Operators Forum”, but as you’ve asked this in the “New and Wannabe Drivers Forum” may I ask; which are you ?

tachograph:
Welcome to Trucknet-UK onthemove :wink:

This would probably be best asked in the “Owner and Fleet Operators Forum”, but as you’ve asked this in the “New and Wannabe Drivers Forum” may I ask; which are you ?

Which are you Tacho, very experienced and a deep knowledge of lift axles and such. :wink: :smiley: :laughing:

No one owns their own cab and does part time work in this job unless your mad or a millionaire or perhaps very lucky! The costs are too prohibitive and the rewards too low. I would love you too prove me wrong. If you do tell me your secret.