Part time truck work...?

needing to find some driving work but only part time, 2 to 3 days a week. is this hard to find ? has anyone ever done this via dirct or agency…? i think its probery quit hard to find, just woundered what other expirance was. thanks.

n

Is it the same days every week you are available, or can you work any day?
And can you work on short notice?

Franglais:
Is it the same days every week you are available, or can you work any day?
And can you work on short notice?

mondays, tuesdays ,wednesdays every week. other days i cant. transport dose seem to be very much a full time gig. other than adhoc call out those days from an agency.

I’m on a 3 day week with 2 nights out. The majority of drivers at our place do 5 days but there are a few that do the 4on4off/3 days. I know of one driver that only does 2 days.
Suppose it’s finding a company that will allow their drivers to work less than the normal max hours.

I don’t work full time, but at this time of year it’s very quiet so you will be using your savings :angry: :cry:

Do you only want to work for 1 place or can you go self-employed?

Agency sounds like your best bet

You might be able to share a job with some semi retired drivers ,I am thinking tippers etc.

I work part time weekends.
It ■■■■■ but needs must.

The-Snowman:
Agency sounds like your best bet

alamcculloch:
You might be able to share a job with some semi retired drivers ,I am thinking tippers etc.

This is kind of how I started out. I was working somewhere alongside an older guy, also on agency, who ran a small business, so a part time average 2.5 day/25hr-ish week suited both of us. Alternate Mon/Tue/Wed one week, Thu/Fri the next. Might take a bit of badgering with the agency as they’ll want 2 drivers on 2 assignments (more dosh for them), but it worked out fine.

My Neighbour drives for Wiseman- Muller and is on a fixed 3 day week Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Sunday Tuesday Wednesday the following week.
He’s been doing it for years. Its always worth asking