Part Time Tacho Question

I can’t see the answer to this any where so if any one can help it would be appreciated.

I only drive part time just now at weekends and through the week sometimes for the engineering firm I work for. If I work 9.5 hours everyday from Monday until Thursday then 8.5 on friday, how much hours could I drive for on a Saturday? Your 56 hours and 34 the next week are only driving time and if I don’t drive all week then on a Saturday where does that leave me? Also I’ll obviously need to fill out blank tachos for that week showing my other work hours, do they also have to be kept for 28 days and handed into an employer as I see it being pointless as there would be no vehicle reg etc on the card?

I can’t see the answer to this any where so if any one can help it would be appreciated.

I only drive part time just now at weekends and through the week sometimes for the engineering firm I work for. If I work 9.5 hours everyday from Monday until Thursday then 8.5 on friday, how much hours could I drive for on a Saturday? Your 56 hours and 34 the next week are only driving time and if I don’t drive all week then on a Saturday where does that leave me? Also I’ll obviously need to fill out blank tachos for that week showing my other work hours, do they also have to be kept for 28 days and handed into an employer as I see it being pointless as there would be no vehicle reg etc on the card?

On the hours quoted you work 46.5 hours a week which leaves you 1.5 left ON AVERAGE over whatever reference period you use, even if you take out breaks at 1 hour a day that gives you 6.5 hours, a week ON AVERAGE available to work. If you want to stay legal then I would suggest that one day every other weekend to comply with WTD/RTD. Added into that, and a reinforcement, is the requirement to have a weekly rest period of 45 hours every 2 weeks thats the drivers hours regs. :frowning: :frowning:

Waiting for Coffeeholic to arrive and tell me I’m talking (ZB). :smiley: :smiley: :confused: :confused:

euroscot:

i posted a similar question other day its heading is shunting in yard, it may have all the info you need, coffeeholic sorted me right out , the trouble with youtr working week is getting your rest period you can only reduce once fortnightly to 24hrs rest so you can drive every other saturday

Ok thanks guys. So it appears I can drive 10 hours on a Saturday every second weekend, correct■■? The hours I do during the week doesn’t effect the amount of time I can drive on a Saturday as long as I take my weekly rest period? Also can someone tell me if these manual entries for my other work has to be handed in to the employer along with my driving tachos■■? Can someone confirm these points if possible.

euroscot:
Ok thanks guys. So it appears I can drive 10 hours on a Saturday every second weekend, correct■■? The hours I do during the week doesn’t effect the amount of time I can drive on a Saturday as long as I take my weekly rest period? Also can someone tell me if these manual entries for my other work has to be handed in to the employer along with my driving tachos■■? Can someone confirm these points if possible.

yes the tacho are kept the same way and other work recorded start finsh times date etc

euroscot:
I can drive 10 hours on a Saturday every second weekend, correct■■?

YUP

euroscot:
The hours I do during the week doesn’t effect the amount of time I can drive on a Saturday as long as I take my weekly rest period?

If those hours are WTD (opt out available) and not RT(WTD)R then deffo yes but if RT(WTD)R then it would depend on the average over the reference period.

Does your usual job come under the mobile workers RT(WTD)R or the non-mobile workers WTD :question:

euroscot:
Also can someone tell me if these manual entries for my other work has to be handed in to the employer along with my driving tachos■■?

I would say yes as they are an official record that you have complied with the regs - BUT wait on conformation from a site GURU

ROG:

euroscot:
I can drive 10 hours on a Saturday every second weekend, correct■■?

YUP

euroscot:
The hours I do during the week doesn’t effect the amount of time I can drive on a Saturday as long as I take my weekly rest period?

If those hours are WTD (opt out available) and not RT(WTD)R then deffo yes but if RT(WTD)R then it would depend on the average over the reference period.

Does your usual job come under the mobile workers RT(WTD)R or the non-mobile workers WTD :question:

euroscot:
Also can someone tell me if these manual entries for my other work has to be handed in to the employer along with my driving tachos■■?

I would say yes as they are an official record that you have complied with the regs - BUT wait on conformation from a site GURU

No my normal job doesn’t envolve any driving at all. I didn’t think they would have to be handed into the employer as I’m part time and that tachos doesn’t contain any registration marks of his vehicles so no missing mileage, what you think?

:cry: run bent you mean :confused:

I still say that if analogue tachos are used to record other work done in the usual job then they need to be handed in and my reason is that the same info can be downloaded onto a digi tacho card which would get downloaded into the part time driving employers equipment - it does not make sense that one sort would not be done and the other would…