Part time question for newbie

Hi everyone - I’m a long time lurker but have found the posts helpful while I was learning so thanks for that!

I’m a self funded new pass class 1 and already work for myself in unrelated industry
Would an agent be the best route for a few days work a week?
I’m flexible on what I can work days and hours wise and don’t mind tramping etc but I’m not interested in a full time job

Is it unrealistic to expect this type of work without experience?
Tia

Bondtrucker:
Tia

Doesn’t seem to be unrealistic at all, as you’ll have seen posts of people doing just that. Especially if you’re even more flexible than just one w/e day a fortnight.

As long as you don’t live in the middle of nowhere, and there’s nothing wrong with you? [emoji12]

Good luck! And yes , sign on with some agencies.

Remember that your non driving work cannot count as rest for the tacho regs so be careful to adhere to the weekly rest rules
If you post your non driving work days on here then we can advise you as to what days you can drive without falling foul of the weekly rest rules

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congratulations on the pass!

I found myself in a similar position in January. After passing, I managed to get a driving assessment with a supermarket through their in-house agency within a few weeks.

I’m still doing a Sunday every other fortnight with them and all is going well.

Depending on where you are based, I’m sure you’ll be driving professionally sooner rather than later!

Good news cheers guys - second time pass direct from car so I’m keen to get out and about and pick up some skills

I wasn’t sure if there was a tendency for agency to get you roped in to full time hours so that’s positive

I’m in the middle of the midlands so shouldn’t be too hard get bits to do by the sounds

Bondtrucker:
I’m in the middle of the midlands so shouldn’t be too hard get bits to do by the sounds

Lutterworth area :question:
Coalville area :question:

Bondtrucker:
Hi everyone - I’m a long time lurker but have found the posts helpful while I was learning so thanks for that!

I’m a self funded new pass class 1 and already work for myself in unrelated industry
Would an agent be the best route for a few days work a week?
I’m flexible on what I can work days and hours wise and don’t mind tramping etc but I’m not interested in a full time job

Tia

Same boat as me by the sounds of it, I’d like weekends to start with as well, so I can drive along side my part time business (used to be full time) with a view to going full time tramping. I haven’t made any queries with local firms or agencies yet as still waiting for C+E training not booked in till mid September.
Similar area as well only live a stones throw from East Mids Gateway so hoping can find an opportunity there…
I already have my Class2 which I passed with HMForces in the late 80’s but no CPC mod 4 yet so can’t even get started that way.
Had my tuition assessment in a rigid, was like home from home in an hour, apart from having this new fandangled syncromesh :smiley:

EaGledrives:
I already have my Class2 which I passed with HMForces in the late 80’s but no CPC mod 4 yet so can’t even get started that way.

You need 35 hours which you can do right now either online or in a classroom to get your first DQC

ROG:

EaGledrives:

You need 35 hours which you can do right now either online or in a classroom to get your first DQC

Thanks for that Rog, I had the option of either way but opted for the mod 2 and mod4 along with my training.
Had a bit of a result yesterday after i’d been on here I gave the new forum sponsers Chevron training in Flint a call and have got in for practical training a month earlier :smiley: :smiley:
In fact i’ve got my 3a training and test next tuesday :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Chevron = no probs :smiley: