Part-time hack needs your help for T&D!

Ok. It’s been a while, and I post so infrequently on here these days the vast majority of you won’t even know who the hell I am…BUT…

Some of you may have seen a piece run in Commercial Motor a while ago listing the Top 10 things office staff wished their drivers wouldn’t do. Well it’s time to redress the balance a bit, so Truck and Driver have asked me to do the same thing in reverse. Which is where you come in… What are the biggest things you as a driver wish your office bods wouldn’t do? :smiling_imp:

Thing is, I can’t use anything that’s already been “published”, so before we go any further, here’s what I need you to do, if you can spare me a minute:

1. PM me your suggestions, do NOT post your replies on this thread if you’d like them to be included in the article. If you don’t care about that bit, post away… :wink:

2. Let me have your real name! All those who took part in the CM version put their hands up in public to their opinions, so we need to do the same this time as well.

3. Leave me a phone or email contact as well, please!

Anyone who wants to be sure of who their speaking to and whether I’m an arse can feel free to contact one of the “older” members on the site who will, I’m sure, be happy to tell you I may have my bad points, but I have never and will never screwed anyone over in the name of making a few bob. But for god’s sake don’t ask Rikki, he’ll tell you all kinds of rubbish… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanking you in hopeful anticipation! :grimacing:

trust me, she’s an arse :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in a good way :smiley:

I have my first willing participant, so that’s the skin on the rice pudding broken, so to speak… Who’s next? :stuck_out_tongue:

shuttlespanker:
trust me, she’s an arse :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in a good way :smiley:

I ain’t gonna ask :sunglasses:
She’s a diamond spanky

I know what I’d like some planners to do but that’s not the question lol.

And you couldn’t print it anyway :wink:

When a moron in the office rings me up and asks me “where are you?”, I reply “look at the tracker” and hang up.

sniggers

mucker85:
When a moron in the office rings me up and asks me “where are you?”, I reply “look at the tracker” and hang up.

I always answer that with ‘where do you think I am?’ it can buy you a few seconds to think up an excuse.

PM sent.

3 willing bods so far… Keep 'em coming, please! :grimacing:

Things I wish our office staff would stop doing.

Coming to work in the morning.

Things run smoother when they’re on holiday and one if the older drivers squares all the work away.

Inventing an extra hour in the day.

Lucy:
Some of you may have seen a piece run in Commercial Motor a while ago listing the Top 10 things office staff wished their drivers wouldn’t do. Well it’s time to redress the balance a bit, so Truck and Driver have asked me to do the same thing in reverse. Which is where you come in… What are the biggest things you as a driver wish your office bods wouldn’t do? :smiling_imp:

To be honest, after 18 months as a subbie and ten years doing backloads for them, I can’t think of a single fault with the Gregory’s traffic office staff, I needed to be home last Saturday afternoon as I was taking my kids go-karting and although they were rammed out with work they bent over backwards to get me an 0730 tip at Thurrock on Saturday morning even though it meant doing two changeovers on the Friday.

Er…Thanks Harry…LOL! :laughing:

How about a whole page on freight forwarders…

They give you 10 drops in france which look like they planned the route playing blind darts, they deny receiving a text even though the REPLYED to it, there is always one drop that is 3 hrs off route therefore 3 hrs back again.

Or how about the freight forwarder who gets the hump when you refuse to give him a delivery time to the minute of your first delivery at deeside when you have just put the pallets on in SWITZERBLOODYLAND.

Apparently my answer is I dont know■■? When I have to clear customs in Switzerland, then travel through strasbourg, lux, brussels/lille, then calais, clear customs at dover, then the M25 and the dartford crossing before even thinking about the M6 and the midland… but its me that’s being difficult.

Another great one from the great container train company… on a sat morning getting a bollocking for waking the lifter driver up when I wanted a box putting on.

Another, we all to sign a sheet off paper understanding the new lines painted in the yard… red for cranes , yellow for empty lifter etc… come monday the colours have changed and the drivers get a bollocking for following the wrong lines.

Another… … your sat in a queue for the crane for 2 hours then your late on the job and the bloke at the delivery says " oh you broke down on the M25 did you■■? " " no not me mate ive only come from leeds to bradford I was queuing for the box off the crane "

Lucy:
I have my first willing participant, so that’s the skin on the rice pudding broken, so to speak… Who’s next? :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t use my lorry to pull that skin off, cos it won’t :neutral_face:

Bloody hell, Alex, I’d’ve used them if you’d PM’d them, they’re fabuloud!!! :cry:

Lucy:
Bloody hell, Alex, I’d’ve used them if you’d PM’d them, they’re fabuloud!!! :cry:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Have I done it wrong again.

jessicas dad:

Lucy:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Have I done it wrong again.

Lucy:

1. PM me your suggestions, do NOT post your replies on this thread if you’d like them to be included in the article. If you don’t care about that bit, post away… :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But [zb]it, I’ll use them anyway. One spanner I can slip in. :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

Many, many thanks, all of you who’ve stuck your heads above the parapet. I’ve got what I need now, just off to write it up. The lead times on T&D are pretty long, our esteemed Editor being revoltingly good at forward planning as he is, so it could be a while before this hits the press, but I’ll let you all know a date as soon as I have one. :grimacing: