Part-Time Driver

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can answer this one for me?

I drive coaches at the moment on a part time basis usually a Sat or Sun once a week sometimes when there not busy I could go a month without work…

A freind of mine does exactly the same! We both do non driving jobs through the week…

He had Vosa step on his coach today asking to see his tacho’s and he only had a few…

They gave him a prohibition or what ever you call it stating that he be off the road by 8pm…

So the bottom line was they said he should fill out the rear of a tacho every day stating this??

I’m well confused fill a tacho out for an office job?? Hello…

Please help… it could be me the next time…

Thanks…

Hi there

If you do any other work apart from what is on your tacho then you have to log it as other work

So you have an office job Mon to Fri you have to keep a record of that work to show that you are not doing to many hours

You have to keep a record of the last 4 weeks with you at all times just as you have to carry your tachos for 28 days before handing to your employer,

Its so they can see you are keeping to rest periods ie 45 every two weeks etc

Jennie x

Many Thanks… :slight_smile:

If you have a copy of the downloadable tacho regs there is an example of weekly record sheet i print that out and use that I have rung and spoke to a guy at vosa and he said that this was quite acceptable way of recording your other job

Jen x

Hi Jennie

Even better as I was going to make something up in word…

Thanks…

You may find this of some use

online.businesslink.gov.uk/Trans … s_2009.pdf

As Jenni has said you need to keep a record of all your hours weather driving or not to ensure you work within the EU regulations which effects all workers

Thank You…

I must be the lucky one as I have been driving buses and coaches for the last 20 odd years never been stopped or checked by VOSA…

Watch this space… Lol…

Thanks…