Parkinson in administration

Looks like another haulier fails to make a go of it doing things legally.

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … SIy42eFsg8

I cant see anything in hthe story stating they ran anything but legal

I knew Ian when he started, His lad used to play with my kids.
It won’t be a pre planned liquidation like some do, He isn’t like that. It’ll just be market forces, Expensive fuel and poor rates that have done it.

nearly there:
I cant see anything in hthe story stating they ran anything but legal

That is the point. He ran completely legit and couldn’t make it pay.

I know it is in the OPs link but I would like to make it clear that it is Ian Parkinson that has gone into administration. There is another firm in Preston called H Parkinson Haulage Ltd and the two have absolutely no connection whatsoever.
I’m sorry for the lads at Parky’s because it’s usually the drivers that lose out the most but the gossip I’ve heard is that Parky’s will be back in action before long.

BTW with another popular thread in mind, there is a nice second hand 730 in Preston Scania at the moment…

Good luck to the troops at the other Parky’s,

W

They’ve been well on VOSA’s radar down the years. I know drivers who have worked for them and they have been run ragged (alledgedly). They have some very,very nice kit but alas running legal for them obviously hasn’t paid and they can’t make it pay. They do or did, a lot out of kepak at j29 m6 Preston. I do know that Kepak is called something else now but the name slips my mind !

Yes, HPH Parkinson are totally unrelated and a good firm. Ian Parkinson (the firm in admin) if I remember from the dregs of my memory has come back a few times under various guises down the years too.

Although Ian Parkinsons seemed to operate at the more ‘colourful’ end of transport in Preston it might be more in image than reality. I had a mate who worked for the old fridge operation he actually found it hard work because they wanted him to stay legal…

I’m surprised to hear the scrap metal thing went bump, I did hear that it was a good earner but Ainsworths tried their hand at it and they nearly caught a proper cold. I suppose when there is muck, there isn’t always brass?

W

AlexWignall:
BTW with another popular thread in mind, there is a nice second hand 730 in Preston Scania at the moment…

W

Just searched Scania Preston for a 730 but can’t find it…what spec is it ■■?

I bought 5 trailers from Parky in 2007 when he sold off the refrigerated side of the business…

He had some very tidy kit.

There is this one, a Black Amber 730, but in Scotland

scania.co.uk/used-vehicles/v … rch=Search

A assume it’ll be this one when the creditors sort themselves out

flickr.com/photos/smallwarri … otostream/

gram67:
There is this one, a Black Amber 730, but in Scotland

scania.co.uk/used-vehicles/v … rch=Search

I think A&M commercials in Warrington have bought it… I offered £110k for it but was turned down, so bought the ex demo one instead.

dew:
A assume it’ll be this one when the creditors sort themselves out

flickr.com/photos/smallwarri … otostream/

Is it a double drive ■■ Hard to tell from the photo ■■

Looks like it, either a double drive or a twin wheeled tag. Would make sense in their line of work.

WhiteWhiteWhite:

AlexWignall:

W

Just searched Scania Preston for a 730 but can’t find it…what spec is it ■■?

I bought 5 trailers from Parky in 2007 when he sold off the refrigerated side of the business…

He had some very tidy kit.

A good friend owns a local Plant Hire Firm and has a good relationship with Preston Scania. He gave them a ring when he heard Parky’s were going bump about a fortnight ago. Scania told him that is was a 6x2 (tag even?) with a semi auto box so not really suitable for my pals line of work. The salesman was confident that they would be tilled up by Ian Parkinson and were looking forward to dealing with him again.

I have to admit that my line was a throwaway remark to lighten a serious post about the two firms called ‘Parkinsons’ in Preston. I guess a phone call in the morning won’t do any harm?

W