Parking

snapaccount.co.uk/map.asp

Can anyone advise me which truck parking offers grub with the price. I cannot work it out. I also have a shell fuel card. Do truck stops take payment from that?

My route is Peterborough to Carlisle, then to Hamilton, and then back. I won’t make it in a day so need a nice truck stop with good food.

Google says it’s 3 hrs 49 to Carlisle. It then tells me that it is then a 1 hr 20 to Hamilton from there. I will be doing 9 hours driving on the card and I think, and I stand to be corrected, that I will run out some where above Leeds on the A1.

Advice is welcome

Any truck stops that are recommend I will need post codes cheers :smiley:

Edit: I know I am ■■■■, just like to plan ahead with things.

Nowt wrong with planning ahead Mickey. Problem being this is transport so somewhere along the line it’ll all go west. A safer option if you feel the need to plan would be to plan for Penrith truckstop. That’ll be doable after goods in have screwed you around for that long that you run out of work time before driving time.

No idea of postcode but it’s very hard to miss. :wink:

Theres Carlisle truck stop they accept snap. Cairn lodge do a drivers meal for £6.50 dont know how much parking is.
Redmoss hotel at junxtion 13 m74 do a nice meal. Just park in layby outside. Loads of other trucks there so quite safe.
From Penrith to bells hill it takes me 2 hour. From Penrith t/s to leeds takes me 21/2 hour.
From Leeds to Hamilton services j6 m74 i can just get there in my 4/12.
My wagon only does 53mph.
I think golden fleece accept snap acc. Think thats j42 m6.
I have a sheet with all snap acc parking on. I can take a pic ov this when i get back to motor and email it to you if you pm me your email addy.

I’ve sorted that I have downloaded the snap sites and will have it with me.

I think golden fleece

Any good?

Cheers for that Moaster. Do you know of any sites that take shell? so I don’t have to rely on Snap. I’ve goggled it and there website don’t show anything.

Think you will be pushing it to make the fleece. From Peterborough to hamilton that gotta be 7-71/2 hours. Id stop at redoss hotel. Or at a shove Carlisle truckstop.

Can you pay for parking with a shell card. Ive only ever seen pay for parking using key fuels uk fuels red signs. Think that card could just be diesel. Ive never had 1 so can’t tell you 100%.

spectron:
Think you will be pushing it to make the fleece. From Peterborough to hamilton that gotta be 7-71/2 hours. Id stop at redoss hotel. Or at a shove Carlisle truckstop.

I got to Hamilton via a drop at Carlisle and done 3 more drops. I then headed far south as I could on the remainder and done a 10 hour drive (9 hr 46) and made it to Carlisle truckstop. Nice place

Cheers for the tips