Parking Wakefield

Hi all I might have to weekend next week at Wakefield any good spots to park near the centre

Thanks

There used to be a small park at the top of Ings Road next to the railway arches.Parking ticket machine on site.
A few miles towards Doncaster on the A638 there’s the Red Beck Cafe which is open 24 hrs.You’ll need a bus into town.

Gidders:
There used to be a small park at the top of Ings Road next to the railway arches.Parking ticket machine on site.
A few miles towards Doncaster on the A638 there’s the Red Beck Cafe which is open 24 hrs.You’ll need a bus into town.

That small park has been redeveloped now and is no more unfortunately. I remember dutch wagons loaded with flowers parked up there a lot.

ive parked up past the malt shovel before now .

Punchy Dan:
0ive parked up past the malt shovel before now .

Yeah I used to live by that roundabout and go home for lunch and park truck up by the garden centre. The road is massively wide and you can spin it round there no problems. Malt shovel does decent food too. You are right by J41 of M1 too so easily back on the motorway.

Punchy Dan:

Thanks for all the info looks like a good spot

Swordsy:

Punchy Dan:

Yeah I used to live by that roundabout and go home for lunch and park truck up by the garden centre. The road is massively wide and you can spin it round there no problems. Malt shovel does decent food too. You are right by J41 of M1 too so easily back on the motorway.

I live in nearby Ossett, and can confirm the above. And if you want to venture into Wakey centre, then there is a bus passes nearby.

The Malt Shovel has a massive car park. Why ask the Landlord if you can park on it if you are unit only?

Ken.