Parking up in blyth northumberland

Looks as if I’ll be parking up in Blyth or nearby, tomorrow night. Anyone got any tips?

Depends where you intend to park

There is the industrial set there you can park up not far from an ASDA & pub within walking distance but not a lot else tbh

animal:

There is the industrial set there you can park up not far from an ASDA & pub within walking distance but not a lot else tbh

That’s the road I was thinking of (I think :smiley: )
It’s a few years since I stopped there, but I parked on the little retail park opposite the pub.

robroy:

animal:

That’s the road I was thinking of (I think :smiley: )
It’s a few years since I stopped there, but I parked on the little retail park opposite the pub.

From the A189 down towards Kitty Brewster. you can see the ASDA from the road

chinese6:
Looks as if I’ll be parking up in Blyth or nearby, tomorrow night. Anyone got any tips?

Where you loading or tipping??

I’m from, and based out of Blyth…

Kitty Brewster Ind Est is your best bet…

goo.gl/maps/2FzBUm36twG2

Spence Road I think would be the best road to park on.

Maybe try and park right at the end of it, at the Travis Perkins end, as there’s a solar farm currently being built, and there’s a security guard living in a caravan just in the entrance of Blyth harbour ‘Bate’s entrance’.

If you go that way, you’ll see what I mean.

Maybe… If you’re up for it…

Keep going along Cowpen road, up to the cemetery. Turn left just after - up the side of the TA centre (Chain Ferry Road). At the end, on your right, you’ll see the entrance for the harbour and the caravan…

Instead, turn LEFT - then REVERSE down past the caravan security guard. There’s plenty space and distance for you to go down that road and NOT cause a problem, as fuel tanks park there over night to get am early start into the harbour.

[/quote]
Loading, but as at 1600 today they hadn’t got the actual collection address. Hopefully they’ll have received it by the time I ring in empty from Leeds.

Thanks for the other posts by the way.

chinese6:

Loading, but as at 1600 today they hadn’t got the actual collection address. Hopefully they’ll have received it by the time I ring in empty from Leeds.

Thanks for the other posts by the way.
[/quote]
If it’s the docks you can park in there in front of the port office

Especially Goldfinger!

chinese6:
Especially Goldfinger!

No problem. :smiley:

As My truck is based out of there, the Blyth Harbour Bates end.

Goldfinger:

chinese6:
Especially Goldfinger!

No problem. :smiley:

As My truck is based out of there, the Blyth Harbour Bates end.

Just trying to remember the name of that pub opposite that retail park GF.
Think there was a Maccy Ds or a Burger King beside where I parked.

It ‘was’ the Windmill pub Rob.

Shut down years ago. Stood empty for a while the The Spar and Greggs refurbed it and moved in.

Spar shop got broke into shortly after opening - then suddenly shut down! Not surprised, as I never saw anyone using it.

But Greggs are still open…

They must open dead early, as you see an occasional truck (usually the fuel tanker truck that have just loaded next to where I park in the harbour), park on the double yellows outside the Greggs, and nip in for an early coffee etc…

Goldfinger:

Shut down years ago. Stood empty for a while the The Spar and Greggs refurbed it and moved in.

Spar shop got broke into shortly after opening - then suddenly shut down! Not surprised, as I never saw anyone using it.

They must open dead early, as you see an occasional truck (usually the fuel tanker truck that have just loaded next to where I park in the harbour), park on the double yellows outside the Greggs, and nip in for an early coffee etc…

Another good pub bites the dust. :unamused:
Had a couple of good nights in there playing pool with the locals.

Goldfinger:

We been parking some of our trailers in Bates key I some times stop at that Greggs

taz1972:

Goldfinger:

We been parking some of our trailers in Bates key I some times stop at that Greggs

Living the dream or what :sunglasses:

After all that the job fell through - load not ready! I’ll be doing it next week on my way down from Glasgow, but won’t be in Blyth overnight. No matter - I’ll know where to head for next time. Thanks lads.

taz1972:

Goldfinger:

Not for much longer…

FIL works for the harbour (+38yrs now), and plans are afoot to have the quay strengthened there so it can take bigger cranes for bigger ships etc.

And so they’ll be needing the area where we park for more sheds and storage…

Goldfinger:

taz1972:

Goldfinger:

Not for much longer…

FIL works for the harbour (+38yrs now), and plans are afoot to have the quay strengthened there so it can take bigger cranes for bigger ships etc.

And so they’ll be needing the area where we park for more sheds and storage…[/quote

Yes I no mate think we mite have a second yard in felling be better for us anyway it’s a pain having to go up to Blyth all the time