PARKING TICKET

hi , do i have to pay the parking ticket i got this morning or will the company have to cough up , im i legally not bound to pay it , cause i know for a fact boss man gonna tell me its my fault …

Were you doing a delivery? was it the only place the delivery coulda been done? if so its the boss mans problem

Also depends upon how you were parked and where.

I know from experience that certain boroughs in London will ticket you for being on yellow lines when regulations allow a period of time for unloading. In such a case just dispute the ticket giving your reasons why. This used to happen to me regularly and providing you can show you were within the regulations it will usually be cancelled.

One thing that you cannot get away with is parking on the pavement. We used to have a regular drop behind blackfriars were we used to hop on the kerb to save blocking the road. Technically there was no loading restriction but as we could be there for half an hour or more we did our best not to cause chaos. After a couple of tickets the TM told us not to do it and block the road. As you can imagine chaos ensued including the arrival of the Mets finest. When we explained our predicament the copper agreed that parking on pavement is ticketable and although we were blocking the road as long as we stayed off the kerbs we were fine.

As for wether you personally are liable for the ticket then I would say it falls on the registered keeper of the vehicle but if that’s your boss and you could have avoided the ticket then he ain’t going to be happy and although you could refuse it might cause you grief on the long run.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they want the stuff delivered they pay the ticket. I have never paid a parking ticket in my life.

Check your terms/contract of employment. Most that employ drivers will have a clause that basically says parking fines are to be paid by you.

it does very much depend on circumstances and how human the boss is :wink:

gadge:
hi , do i have to pay the parking ticket i got this morning or will the company have to cough up , im i legally not bound to pay it , cause i know for a fact boss man gonna tell me its my fault …

Depends on the circumstances, were you parked up over-night or doing a delivery and in any case why did you park somewhere you could be given a ticket.

Without knowing any of this I don’t see how anyone can give a realistic answer to your question.

shep532:
Check your terms/contract of employment. Most that employ drivers will have a clause that basically says parking fines are to be paid by you.

it does very much depend on circumstances and how human the boss is :wink:

Yeah right! here’s your ■■■■■■■ keys pal! :laughing:

Last time I was dropping in London the only place to park was on the pavement and was told I would get a ticket. Asked the boss via phone and was told drop must happen so be it. Warden told me not to remove ticket as would only get another. End of duty ticket went in with paperwork and all was well :slight_smile:

thanks for the imput guys its been paid £35 :smiley:

gadge:

Yeah you didn’t tell the full story though did ya? You got your ticket cos you parked up for the night where you shouldn’t have! So, enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue:

44 Tonne Ton:

gadge:

Yeah you didn’t tell the full story though did ya? You got your ticket cos you parked up for the night where you shouldn’t have! So, enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue:

yip sure did. but hey we have been parking there for over 10 years with not a bit of bother , i think some wee hitler just saw a oppertunity to get a killing with me having my time off there after running out of hours …cowardly traffic warden why did he not just bang the cab door and tell me to g-t-f… low life scum wardens preying on the hard working man yet again :angry: :angry: :angry: plus the fact he probably saw it was a scottish truck .

I went to a Traffic Warden’s funeral a few years ago, as they were about to lower him in the hole you could hear a muffled cry from the coffin. The priest leaned over the coffin and said " sorry buddy nothing I can do as I’ve already started the paperwork "
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Foxstein:
I went to a Traffic Warden’s funeral a few years ago, as they were about to lower him in the hole you could hear a muffled cry from the coffin. The priest leaned over the coffin and said " sorry buddy nothing I can do as I’ve already started the paperwork "
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

buryin them lowlife is to good for them , like the joke though … :smiley:

gadge:
…cowardly traffic warden why did he not just bang the cab door and tell me to g-t-f…

You said it yourself. Clearly the offending warden felt it was proper that you be abused by issuing you with a ticket rather than waking up a stroppy trucker during their legal break and ask them to move.

So would you have moved it? Were you even legal to move it? Either way, something to remember isn’t it! It might not even have been a traffic warden. ISTR Police Officers can also issue tickets and there are probably others too…