Parking ticket wrongly issued

On Sunday I received a parking ticket, issued by the warden for failure to pay. I had paid about 20 mins earlier by mobile phone. I have now started the necessary procedure to get the ticket quashed. What do you think my chances would be if I invoiced them for £30, payable within 14 days or it doubles, for my time spent sorting out their ■■■■ up? I seem to remember someone invoiced their bank a few years ago? :grimacing:

Give it a go :smiley:

I did that when I got a ticket while I went to get change. They had post timed the ticket to make it look like I had been there for 15 mins. Once they get your letter they will realise you are onto their scam and drop it. Private parking companies prey on honest people who pay penalty charges although there is no need

A guy I know whose bro-in-law is a barrister, registered with postal preference service (? or whatever it’s called. Like the Telephone preference service but for junk mail) and should therefore receive no junk mail. Anything that goes to his house should need his attention. Any junk that gets past this system is handed to his bro-in-law who issues an invoice for his time to read it and write a letter to Nick (my mate) explaining this letter needs none of his precious time and sends it to the offending company. A typical bill is just short of £100 and if they choose to fight it, he charges over £500 per hour for any further action, court case etc.
They split the money and have made a fair bit over the years and it is perfectly legal as they are obtaining the info illegally to target houses if you are registered.
They are learning.
For yourself, 44 Tonne Ton, you are well within your right to charge for your time. Fill yer boots!