Parking ticket drift ,

Today one of my drivers was delivering a container to mothercare daventry . The wrong ref number ,so driver phoned shipping company told to wait for further details so parked on road outside delivery point. Moped turned up took photo gave driver ticket to the value of £250.00 . Phoned customer help line and drew a blank :imp: :question: told to pay now half price £125.00 within 14days… Why is it so difficult for the customer to be helpful and advise driver of risks… Proberly some shift manager who dislikes hgvs … Proberly works forDHL …

It is only an invoice.Refuse to pay it.They will send aggresive letters designed to scare people to pay up.
They mention court action and bailifs.All rubbish.

Have a look on
Www.pepioo.com

Edit,

Www.pepipoo.com

I pooped myself then :laughing:

It’s not a parking ticket, it’s a speculative invoice which you should no more pay than if I sent you one for replying to your question!

As always however seek advice from someone who doesn’t drive trucks for a living. :wink:
The link provided earlier to peepoo (sp) should provide all you need to know. Good luck.

It’s not a fine, it’s not a ticket, it’s an unsolicited speculative invoice and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY IT.

When the invoice arrives, do the following.

1. Appeal to the parking company on the grounds that the sum claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss. They will reject this, they always reject all appeals, but they will issue you with a POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals) code.

2. Go on POPLA’s website, enter the code, and appeal on the grounds that the sum claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

POPLA will uphold your appeal and cancel the ticket.

Have a good look at the wording,if you have been FINED then you have to pay.You most likely have a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE that may include the word PENALTY .You can use one of those in the same way as Andrex.Its not enforceable and that is all that that you need to know.

I would be very interested in seeing the ticket, can you upload it here or on pepipoo (remove identifying details from the ticket first)… wondering if it is a similar setup to Ransomes at ipswich…

What is the name of the company that issued it?