Parking spot required Thursday night

I’m heading up to Scotland tomorrow for a rare night out, I’m heading Doncaster - Carlisle - Newbridge (EH28), then a collection from the Hovis bakery in Glasgow (G31 1LL) Friday morning, before heading home. I know I could probably do most of it tomorrow and head south, but unless I can convince the Office, I suspect that the powers that be want me to stay out Thursday night, park up empty and do the collection on Friday, I have SNAP but my initial thoughts are that the area between Newbridge and Glasgow doesn’t have a lot of SNAP parking. So I’m asking if anyone is willing to share via PM somewhere I can pitch up for the night with a unit and trailer

To be honest there is very little between newbridge and glasgow unless in an ind est or hearthill services which are free.There is a truckstop beside ibrox on broomloan road.If its the hovis place on duke street then its about 15 mins from there.

If I can do the collection tomorrow then head down towards Lesmahagow and beyond, then it would be better

peirre:
If I can do the collection tomorrow then head down towards Lesmahagow and beyond, then it would be better

That would be your best bet i would say other than that it will.be pants parking.

Thanks Colin, I’ve bookmarked the truckstop just in case

P.M. sent. ( I think…)

I used to use Harthill until the daft lads got off the bus and banged on the cab after ■■■■ or singing proclaimer songs!

IainMac:
P.M. sent. ( I think…)

Thanks

Ecclefechan truck stop is by far the best in that area imvho
Just off the 74

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info,
Despite the 1st drop in Carlisle being cancelled, & getting to Edinburgh at 1pm I was delayed at Edinburgh drop till 3:15 and didn’t get to Glasgow till 4pm, and everyone had gone home, so I’m parked up in Glasgow truckstop 15 mins from the Hovis bakery, and I’ll head back to the bakery in the morning to collect the load of pallets for 7am
I had time to bookmark the list of snap site in Scotland while waiting to tip, as I suspect this run is going to be a regular thing a couple of times a week

Find a pub with a good size car park, I often used to pull up at a pub in the middle of nowhere and walk in to ask the landlord, sometimes the answer was yes, sometimes no, tell his you will buy a meal and if there’s enough room he will say yes.

Pat Hasler:
Find a pub with a good size car park, I often used to pull up at a pub in the middle of nowhere and walk in to ask the landlord, sometimes the answer was yes, sometimes no, tell his you will buy a meal and if there’s enough room he will say yes.

Good advice but he his at home now ,probley

When the work changed from day work to the occasional night out, the firm where reluctantly cagouled into providing us with SNAP so I will make the most of the situation. The place I stayed at was fairly decent and clean, albeit the facilities where portakabin based. I’ll take that over roughing it in a car park.

I was amused the next morning when I walked across the yard and saw a Belgium truck, it was an exhibition truck used for displaying furniture, the driver had extended the side of the trailer, pulled out the steps and bedded down

Looks like I’m back up in Scotland tomorrow night, heading to Glenbervie near Stonehaven from Doncaster then back down to Asda’s store in Hamilton the next day to collect a pallet, depending on how far I get can anyone suggest somewhere to park between Stonehaven, Dundee, Perth area for the night, as it looks like there’s no snap parking nearby

Stracathro, Dundee truck stop.

Mcdonalds /pub/restaraunt at the Forfar junction, usually get parked no bother and a burger and a pint in the sun is just the job in this weather

After doing the maths it’s likely with a tailwind and a 10 I’ll make as far as the Tayside truckstop

chaversdad:
Mcdonalds /pub/restaraunt at the Forfar junction, usually get parked no bother and a burger and a pint in the sun is just the job in this weather

KFC there too. If you go down the footpath off the estate there is a country park/loch.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk