Parking Southampton

Hi, taking concrete supplies to a building site on Exford Drive, Eastleigh tomorrow evening and looking any recommendations to local-ish parking. Had a quick search on here but the roads suggested all have double yellows painted according to google maps

In artic and wont be arriving down south til late tomorrow evening

Thanks in advance

Oriana way s016 0yu on the nursling ind est just off the M27 has no parking restrictions & there is a mobile snack bar in b&q car park.

You can park on empress road, lidos, pubs and takeaways are all well within walking distance…

Both of the above, Nursling if you want the peace.
Empress Road if you’re a twitcher and fancy a beer…

There are also the service roads off Redbridge road (City side of end of M271), although some spots are after 6pm only…

If you’re delivering to Eastleigh, then you may as well park there rather than fight traffic in from Southampton.

Try either Parham Drive industrial estate or Woodside road. Both are about a 5-6 minutes walk to pub, shops etc, at Boyatt Wood (or about a 15-20 walk to the town centre). They’re easily accessed from the M3 Jn 12 (signed as Eastleigh North).

Thanks for the tips folks, much appreciated

Delivery docket says Exford Drive, Eastleigh, but postcode is SO18 5DN. This shows east Southampton on maps. Gonna ring tomorrow afternoon and find out for definite!

csujamie:
Thanks for the tips folks, much appreciated

Delivery docket says Exford Drive, Eastleigh, but postcode is SO18 5DN. This shows east Southampton on maps. Gonna ring tomorrow afternoon and find out for definite!

If it is Exford Drive, I’d suggest you go in via West End Rd, as Bitterne Rd East is weight limited…

Best of luck mate! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
If it is Exford Drive, I’d suggest you go in via West End Rd, as Bitterne Rd East is weight limited…

Best of luck mate! :smiley:

Thanks for the heads up, had planned going in via Bitterne Rd E

if u av a smartphone download an app called hgv parking it cost a couple of euros and gives u all good layby,truckstop,ind est and services parking as well as traffic and low bridges etc had it reccommended to me last week looks good. :slight_smile:

Didn’t any suggest Darby road :open_mouth: at least he’d get a bonk :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rowley Services on the M27 is right on the M3/M27 junction and is just down from Eastleigh.

blue estate:
Didn’t any suggest Darby road :open_mouth: at least he’d get a bonk :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There is another Derby Rd in Eastleigh pal, He’ll be disappointing there! :open_mouth:

Who remembers the lorry park by the swimming baths near Meachers by dock 8?
Excellent café on the lorry park, then it was up the town; Juniper Berry or the
Southerners forra pint or two. If one was feeling energetic you could go for a swim
in the public baths which had the deepest deep end I’ve ever seen.
It’s all been redeveloped now so I hear… :cry:

Allstar Colemanator:
Rowley Services on the M27 is right on the M3/M27 junction and is just down from Eastleigh.

[emoji848]don’t you mean Rownhams services [emoji6]

blue estate:

:open_mouth: :laughing:

Probably being a bit thick, but how do you know if an industrial estate is ok overnight, or if it has parking restrictions? I’ve got an overnight in Northampton this week and I’ve never seen any signs on the street about restricted parking, though I would guess they are tiny little signs hidden away somewhere. I would like to avoid a fine or a clamp.

jbaz73:
Probably being a bit thick, but how do you know if an industrial estate is ok overnight, or if it has parking restrictions? I’ve got an overnight in Northampton this week and I’ve never seen any signs on the street about restricted parking, though I would guess they are tiny little signs hidden away somewhere. I would like to avoid a fine or a clamp.

If you park at Northampton services leave your back door open if you’re carrying nothing worth nicking. I got my curtains done there last week. Alternatively park up on the A43 between Northampton and Kettering - can’t see many ■■■■■■ operating there with all gays driving in and out all night.

axletramp:
Who remembers the lorry park by the swimming baths near Meachers by dock 8?
Excellent café on the lorry park, then it was up the town; Juniper Berry or the
Southerners forra pint or two. If one was feeling energetic you could go for a swim
in the public baths which had the deepest deep end I’ve ever seen.
It’s all been redeveloped now so I hear… :cry:

ahhh,the juniper berry , seen my first stripper in there ,long time ago that was but still clear in the old memory :wink:

jbaz,they have all been researched by lorry drivers and made into an app so im lead to believe,it tells you what is close to an ind est such as pud food etc,or decent sized laybys at a push,but all fuel and truck stops are on as well,good value for a couple of euros i thought :wink: