Parking Sherborne ( Dorset ) / Yeovil

Does anyone know of any quiet parking around Sherborne ( Dorset ) … I’m running down Sun. got 7am del in Sherborne, so would like to get as close as possible.

I know there is the garage / services on A303 … but unfortunately I’ve got a fridge trl ( fridge running ), so it would be better if it was somewhere away from everybody … quiet Ind. Estate would be best ?

Try Cartgate picnic area it’s about 20 minutes away. Where exactly are you heading to ?

bald bloke:
Try Cartgate picnic area it’s about 20 minutes away. Where exactly are you heading to ?

Delivering to Hunts Food Services … looked on Google map … not sure if there is anywhere to park outside their place ?

The Rustler:
not sure if there is anywhere to park outside their place ?

No there’s not, it’s a funny place to find and get into.

In Dorset? I certainly do.

You could park up on the Lynx trading estate, on the A3088 (p/code BA20 2SU) just to the West of Yeovil town centre.

Park opposite sainsburys in the middle of Sherborne there is a car park with hgv spaces and it’s just round the corner from hunts. Don’t go through the town go over the level crossing and right past sainsburys and left opposite to enter the car park. The hgv spaces are on the right as you enter.

Now these places have been put on here, when someone wants a quiet place next week it will be full of TNUK members :laughing: :laughing:

There’s certainly coach parking on the road (a dead end) which takes you into Hunts yard, the first part of which always looked under used, when I used to go in there. The car/coach park is on the left and certainly trucks park in there for their 45’s don’t know about overnight though.

There’s always Henstridge Airfield industrial estate which is pretty big a few miles east on the A30.

Or as said Yeovil, Lynx and Pen Mill estates a few miles A30 to the west. Pen Mill is probably the best option being on the Sherborne side of Yeovil.

If there’s no parking opposite Sainsburys. Go into the railway station yard. There’s a little Ind est. Quiet as you like, 2 min walk to town.

I park at wincanton, Morrisons 5 mins walk town is 10 mins and there’s some nice pubs up there :sunglasses:
It’s the first estate off the roundabout can’t miss it plastic pub on left straight over and you’re there.

OllieNotts:
I park at wincanton, Morrisons 5 mins walk town is 10 mins and there’s some nice pubs up there :sunglasses:
It’s the first estate off the roundabout can’t miss it plastic pub on left straight over and you’re there.

He’s running down Sunday, so would think Morrisons will be closed by the time he gets there, the pubs sound a good idea though :stuck_out_tongue:

The sharps Pilsner on offer in town is honestly the best ‘lager’ I’ve ever had, 2 and I felt drunk :laughing: worth the stop there alone

Rustler, you have not mentioned which way you are coming from, but if you are going via the A303 ,there is Solstice services, Mcdonalds is open 24 hours, and there is a Toby carvery, a Harvester with free salad starters, a Pizza Hut, Co Op shop 24 hours and a Costa, if the truck parking is full by the garage, many drivers park down the lane by the Wisemans depot and ambulance depot, you can do a U turn down there .
Or park by the huge RDC that is the size of an airport terminal .
Free parking at Solstice. At Amesbury , pubs and fast food in the village, walking distance .
Further along is Countess services with a Shell garage and Little Chef and Burger King .
Wincanton as said as The Wagtail pub, KFC and a short walk to the town for many pubs and takeaways.
There is room for two artics directly opposite The Wagtail pub, simply drive in to the car park then reverse in to the parking bit, the only thing is there is a Travelodge next door and the fridge may disturb the residents , but as the other poster said , plenty of space on the industrial estate , fridge running there is ok, no houses nearby .
Hunts in Sherborne is not that easy to get in to, the yard is small , but on a Sunday , their vans and lorries will not be in your way .
The Wagtail is a Marstons outlet, the staff are very friendly, good food and nice beer and ales .
The parking suggestion by the railway station in Sherborne on the industrial estate, i think i have seen signs that say no lorry parking , but at a weekend , i can not see it being a problem , to get there, go over the railway tracks , the station will be on your left, head to the gates of the factory PD glass, bear right, fill your boots .
Avoid using any roads with 7.5 ton weight limits, there are numerous tight bends, over hanging trees, and narrow lanes, the car commuters use them in the week as a rat run , to get to my drops , i have to use them , and get scowled at by angry car drivers as they have to reverse and do not know how to reverse, and meeting another lorry is a bad day , gone bad .

Thanks for all the replies … parked @ Pen Mill, so was just 15 mins from Sherborne. I wouldn’t have been able to park in Sherborne … not with the fridge running all night :unamused:
Thanks again … T/net to the rescue again. :laughing: :laughing:

The Rustler:
Thanks for all the replies … parked @ Pen Mill, so was just 15 mins from Sherborne. I wouldn’t have been able to park in Sherborne … not with the fridge running all night :unamused:

It’s a funny old place is Hunts Foods, don’t entertain going going there after 14.00 as you’ll never turn round as all their wagons and vans will be there and you’ll have to blind side it all the way back round to the front by the fuel pumps, and I know this from experience :blush:

bald bloke:

The Rustler:

It’s a funny old place is Hunts Foods, don’t entertain going going there after 14.00 as you’ll never turn round as all their wagons and vans will be there and you’ll have to blind side it all the way back round to the front by the fuel pumps, and I know this from experience :blush:

Yes … I saw the signs in the yard … guessed this would be the scenario :wink: :wink:

bald bloke:

The Rustler:

What sort for idiot company has no parking facilities on their site and expects others to provide it ?
Reading the posts above it sounds like the whole site/place is not fit for purpose :question:

speedyguy:

bald bloke:

The Rustler:

What sort for idiot company has no parking facilities on their site and expects others to provide it ?
Reading the posts above it sounds like the whole site/place is not fit for purpose :question:

It’s fit for purpose as long as the majority of their wagons are out on the road.

speedyguy:

bald bloke:

The Rustler:

The same company who has a yard with cold store and diesel tank and sells it off and now uses a double industrial unit no cold store parks trucks inside and uses key fuels , so they could buy shiney new DAF LF with the crap auto box