Parking Petition

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/651575

Don’t know if this link will work as I am parc with IT, if it doesn’t it is in the Sygic thread. (Thanks to thechink1968)

Just checked-it seems to work :smiley:

Beau Nydel:
Require increased and more secure provision of HGV parking at motorway services - Petitions

Don’t know if this link will work as I am parc with IT, if it doesn’t it is in the Sygic thread. (Thanks to thechink1968)

Not for me as I never park at MSA, nor would want to.
Now if there was a petition for proper designated non MSA truck parks, I’d be all over it.

Btw…There has been, I was, and it did not make a ■■■■ of a difference… #nobodycares. :bulb:

10,000 Signatures = 10 Years

We won’t get anywhere without trying Rob, and I don’t think it’s just about MSA’s.
I am disappointed at the number of views not equating to an increase in signatures considering the times drivers complain on here about a lack of parking facilities, but then we always have been our own worst enemies :frowning:

Beau Nydel:
We won’t get anywhere without trying Rob, and I don’t think it’s just about MSA’s.
I am disappointed at the number of views not equating to an increase in signatures considering the times drivers complain on here about a lack of parking facilities, but then we always have been our own worst enemies :frowning:

Well yeah I agree, but it did specifically say MSAs tbf.
I have no desire to increase their profits on their extortionate charges.
With all the wind and ■■■■ off the Govt a couple of years ago when the plight of truckers parking up, became (briefly) front page news, they should have put their cash where their gobs are and went for subsidised parking …
A tenner is fair for an overnight park on those places, and they can keep their vouchers as their ‘food’ is sh anyway, ■■■■ Burger King and the like. :unamused: …not for me anyway.

Even then it would be just emergencies for me,.I prefer my own places.
As I said they should be providing proper truckstops and/or designated truck parks near town or ind estates.

The government already know there’s a shortage of HGV parking, they carry out regular nationwide surveys where they actually go out on a night and count the number of trucks and spaces not only in MSAs but truckstops and laybys, counting any truckstop where there are at least 85% of parking spaces filled as full as they recognise that because of the layout of the bays some may be inaccessible once the truckstop gets full.

There was an interim plan for a new MSA on the M1 between the M18 and Woolley but it got kicked into touch by the local NIMBYs