Parking Peterhead/Fraserburgh

Evening all, does anyone now any decent areas to park up overnight in the Peterhead or Fraserburgh area??

Cheers

There’s a truck park in Peterhead. John gibbons used to let you park in the Strathbeg hotel car park in Crimond not sure if he still does

Lorry park of sorts, run by council at harbourhaulage yard damhead way peterhead signposted from main roads ( self catering location ) !

Cheers guys much appreciated.

Don’t bank on getting into the lorry park in damhead way , It’s usually full of local motors and empty trailers, but you could probably find a bit on damhead way it’s self or at the mc donalds off the roundabout as you enter Peterhead.

Tipper Tom:
There’s a truck park in Peterhead. John gibbons used to let you park in the Strathbeg hotel car park in Crimond not sure if he still does

Not now tom n think the hotel gone along with gibbons name

Has Gibbons packed up haulage then? Not lived up there for a while now. I didn’t realise

Peterhead truck parks still there though right?

alfa man:
Don’t bank on getting into the lorry park in damhead way , It’s usually full of local motors and empty trailers, but you could probably find a bit on damhead way it’s self or at the mc donalds off the roundabout as you enter Peterhead.

You could try next estate up from damhead way or if you stuck come back to the r/a at mcdonalds and head into peterhead to next r/a take 3rd exit then first right, follow to end past new fish market, if the bridge is down then go over the bridge n hook a left n u can park on right or left. If the bridge is raised then go left and follow for a mile then turn right and follow seawall down to afore mentioned place.

If u wana park in fraserburgh then follow signs for the harbour and park around there but dont block the fish market as they get upset lol

Tipper Tom:
Has Gibbons packed up haulage then? Not lived up there for a while now. I didn’t realise

Went bust in 2009 if i remenber correctly tom

Tipper Tom:

Yeah truck park still there but as ian said it full of empty trailers and asco shunters

scotstrucker:

alfa man:

You could try next estate up from damhead way or if you stuck come back to the r/a at mcdonalds and head into peterhead to next r/a take 3rd exit then first right, follow to end past new fish market, if the bridge is down then go over the bridge n hook a left n u can park on right or left. If the bridge is raised then go left and follow for a mile then turn right and follow seawall down to afore mentioned place.

If u wana park in fraserburgh then follow signs for the harbour and park around there but dont block the fish market as they get upset lol

Sounds a plan to me, will let you now how I get on expecting to be up there at some point Tuesday evening assuming Monday & Tuesday go to plan !!

scotstrucker:

Tipper Tom:

Just had a read of the Press and Journal - Look like the bloke who took over the Strathbeg was running a ■■■■■ house

Tipper Tom:

scotstrucker:

Tipper Tom:

Just had a read of the Press and Journal - Look like the bloke who took over the Strathbeg was running a ■■■■■ house

Lol yeah, think the strathbeg is just a house now

Big house

scotstrucker:

Tipper Tom:

Yeah truck park still there but as ian said it full of empty trailers and asco shunters

Thats Aikens garage yard with the asco stuff HH is the next one up

teatime:

scotstrucker:

Tipper Tom:

Thats Aikens garage yard with the asco stuff HH is the next one up

it is n it aint, asco shunters are gerald bartrum, andy thingy, ivor sometimes. last time i was in the showers were broken coz some sticky fingered person had nicked the boiler

I often turn right at the mcdonalds roundabout and head for the supply base?? A hundred yards or so there is a layby on the right. Never had any bother there.

Ady Williams:
I often turn right at the mcdonalds roundabout and head for the supply base?? A hundred yards or so there is a layby on the right. Never had any bother there.

■■■■ thats the secret ■■■■■■■■■■■■ out then

Oops :slight_smile: