Parking Perth/Dundee

Heafing up to Aberdeen for the morning but will fall short somewhere around Perth/Dundee. Anyone got any decent parking spots they’d like to share?

Dundee outside toolstation, DD2 3PT nice and quiet with a carvery next to it. Or Perth PH1 3TS, just on the industrial estate. Dundee would be my choice

Dundee truckstop (average btw) or down by the dock on the estate, short walk into Dundee with all the facilities (including the only Geordie pub landlord in Dundee who shows all the Newcastle games :smiley: )

Perth…there is a coach truck park in the town, but there’s a couple of low bridges to negotiate, so beware…(maybe somebody on here could give you a route, I know it myself but not well enough to give directions.)

I always park up in St. Catherines retail park in Perth behind Home Bargains & Halfords. Park away frm Home Bargains though they’re night deliveries. Cracking chippy just as you drive in called Marinis. Town is a 10 minute walk, the King James has got most football on and about 7 big screens.
The lorry coach park is down by the water like Rob said theres plenty low bridges and since I pull a decker I steer clear but there is a way in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horseshoe cafe for me .

robroy:
Dundee truckstop (average btw) or down by the dock on the estate, short walk into Dundee with all the facilities (including the only Geordie pub landlord in Dundee who shows all the Newcastle games :smiley: )

Perth…there is a coach truck park in the town, but there’s a couple of low bridges to negotiate, so beware…(maybe somebody on here could give you a route, I know it myself but not well enough to give directions.)

Thankyou so much for the tip ,I’ll add it to my football / lager avoid list :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Thankyou so much for the tip ,I’ll add it to my football / lager avoid list :smiley:

:laughing: Man after my own heart :laughing:

Real ale :smiley: live music :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

Yep I heard you smoked a pipe and were a big Carpenters fan Dan. :laughing:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

Yep I heard you smoked a pipe and were a big Carpenters fan Dan. :laughing:

Err well ,yep Gold is a good station on Dab :laughing:

robroy:
Dundee truckstop (average btw)

Behind ASDA? It’s closed down now. Biffa are using it for parking, but it’s basically a free for all, no facilities though. Nobel Rd behind Tayprint is my fave Dundee spot.

Chris1207:

robroy:

Behind ASDA? It’s closed down now. Biffa are using it for parking, but it’s basically a free for all, no facilities though. Nobel Rd behind Tayprint is my fave Dundee spot.

I always thought Ridgeways owned it.
How long has it been shut?

No idea tbh, a couple of months anyway, popped in as I was covered in mud and fancied a shower… suffice to say I didn’t get one. :laughing: It’s boarded up and gates are gone.

In Perth a lot of trucks stop at Asda McDonalds are there as well of course.

They did once upon a time!

Chris1207:

robroy:

I’ve used Nobel road to park before. Nice and quiet plus Asda is really close.

Afternoon all, heading to Perth tomorrow evening and hoping to park in the Asda/McDonald’s carpark.
Stopped there a few times over the years, but heard some second hand information the other day that they’ve put up signs saying no HGV parking. Could anyone tell me if this is the case please.

Cheers
Allan

robroy:

Chris1207:

robroy:

How long has it been shut?

couple of years i think rob

I would think that you could park on Inveralmond Ind Estate Perth.

That sounds like a plan.
Used to like parking at Asda, good place to stock up.
Cheers
Allan