Parking on services

Just had a letter come through from
The services fining me for not paying , has anybody just not bothered replying or do they chase it up? They used to not bother but seem a bit more keen now .pls advise pay up or not £100 a bit strong

Harry monk is you man ,search his posts on speculative invoices or something like that .

Have a look here pepipoo.com/
Better advice than youll get from tnet

Current advice is not to ignore, some private parking companies (PPC) have started taken Small Claims Court action to enforce these notices, and although CP Plus has yet to do this, there’s always a first time. The Small Claims Court will throw out the case but it would be a faff to attend.

There are two things you need to do to get one of these cancelled.

Firstly appeal to the PPC on the grounds that “The amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”. Use these exact words.

The PPC will reject the appeal, but issue a POPLA reference number. Go on POPLAs website, enter the number and appeal on the grounds that “The sum claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”. Again, use these exact words, no more and no less. (The appeal costs you nothing, it will cost CP Plus £27, another good reason to play it this way :stuck_out_tongue: )

POPLA will consider the appeal 6-8 weeks later and will uphold it. POPLA have NEVER rejected a “Genuine pre-estimate of loss” based appeal.

It is very unlikely that I will be affected by this but I must say I am very impressed with the info you have provided, cheers Harry.

Got another letter today , pay £120 or county court judgment

richmond:

From the original fine or is this a new one?

Have you done what Harry said?

richmond:

No. They can’t obtain a County Court Judgement against you unless they actually take you to the County Court and win the case.

You will know if they do this because you will receive an official County Court summons. They are just trying to frighten and intimidate you into paying, CP Plus are simply glorified car clampers in suits.

If you are really worried about this, then this company will get your ticket cancelled for £16. parkingticketappeals.org.uk/

Have had a couple of these and gone with the ignore it plan, the come on strong then fade away.

Not saying this is a good plan but it did work.

Thanks guys if it develops I will let you know, the new letter is from
There debt collection agents

I know its an uncomfortable feeling not knowing what or where this will end up, but as Harry Monk says above, stick with it and they will go away.
I had similar from Corley services and listened to what I was told ( as above) and it did finally disappear, some of the letters were quite forceful, but stick with it mate.

At the risk of getting shouted at why didn’t you pay the parking :question: it would be a lot less hassle, :exclamation: yes there a rip off over priced etc,etc ,and I hate the bloody places but use them when really stuck.am sure you want paid for the service you offer. tin hat and body armour at the ready :wink:

neverhome73:
At the risk of getting shouted at why didn’t you pay the parking :question: it would be a lot less hassle, :exclamation: yes there a rip off over priced etc,etc ,and I hate the bloody places but use them when really stuck.am sure you want paid for the service you offer. tin hat and body armour at the ready :wink:

Think I am with you on this …personally I wouldnt buy a bucket of ■■■■ in em .but we know what they charge so at the end of the day the choice is yours park or drive on…

I will pay most times but it can slip your mind :slight_smile:
Stopped for hours rest, got sleepy and had three! Now late so got act in gear and departed. Some time later get letter asking for £100 odd pounds for staying over 2 hours! Put the letter were it should go.
Stopped l/delly west on a friday night, hissing down so spent a fun half hour trying to pay by the automated phone system, system tells me no spaces! I think another 50 may have filled it up.
Any way if there are no spaces nothing to pay for.
Get the letters and the threats but still got my cash :slight_smile:

neverhome73:

It’s the principle of the thing. If I do a job for £250 and the customer doesn’t pay it on time, I don’t then send them an invoice for £1,000. If they want me to pay their extortionate parking rates then they should employ a little Gurkha chappie to come up to my window and collect the cash like they used to, rather than expecting me to walk half a mile in the ■■■■■■■ rain to pay it.

Too
Much money , I would happily pay a fiver or eight quid but 23 that’s mad in my opinion I didn’t park there my drivers did !

richmond:
Too
Much money , I would happily pay a fiver or eight quid but 23 that’s mad in my opinion I didn’t park there my drivers did !

agree with you bud over priced crap holes with no security but what can you do sometimes there are the best option fought them in past and won but what a load of hassle phone calls etc just as easy to pay and be done with it :unamused:

I did the “truck in gear but brain not” and drove off from Birch Services M62 last week and forgot to pay parking.
Company always pays parking charges back but will prob use Harrys advice to get the fine recinded.

Harry Monk:

neverhome73:

It’s the principle of the thing. If I do a job for £250 and the customer doesn’t pay it on time, I don’t then send them an invoice for £1,000. If they want me to pay their extortionate parking rates then they should employ a little Gurkha chappie to come up to my window and collect the cash like they used to, rather than expecting me to walk half a mile in the ■■■■■■■ rain to pay it.

maybe we should do what the services do if you don’t pay within the time on invoice the costs will be doubled etc etc it may stop 120 days payment,they set out there terms etc overpriced or not we have the choice not to to go there

Harry Monk:
Current advice is not to ignore, some private parking companies (PPC) have started taken Small Claims Court action to enforce these notices, and although CP Plus has yet to do this, there’s always a first time. The Small Claims Court will throw out the case but it would be a faff to attend.

There are two things you need to do to get one of these cancelled.

Firstly appeal to the PPC on the grounds that “The amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”. Use these exact words.

The PPC will reject the appeal, but issue a POPLA reference number. Go on POPLAs website, enter the number and appeal on the grounds that “The sum claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”. Again, use these exact words, no more and no less. (The appeal costs you nothing, it will cost CP Plus £27, another good reason to play it this way :stuck_out_tongue: )

POPLA will consider the appeal 6-8 weeks later and will uphold it. POPLA have NEVER rejected a “Genuine pre-estimate of loss” based appeal.

I appealed on the pre-estimate of loss and other lines (it was in Liverpool at B+M by the airport) and POPLA threw out CP PLUS as they cannot provide proof of pre estimate of loss.