Parking on M25 good enough for French & Italian so

On Monday morning I was going clockwise on the M25 when I noticed (whilst sat in the jam :unamused: ) that on the anti-clockwise carriageway that a French truck was having a night out (curtains pulled) on the hard shoulder where it goes inside the bridge supports which in effect makes a armco protected layby.
Then I travel about a mile further and see an Italian doing the same thing.

Neither vehicle had a “ticket” on the screen and I dont believe this went “un-noticed” by the boys in blue

So obviously if the police are allowing this to happen you know the next time you are running low on hours on the south side if the M25 (both side have these “layby’s”) that these are available for your use :wink: :laughing:

I spent 3 hours parked on the M25 this morning and didn’t get a ticket. Mind you this was in the jam caused by someone ‘falling’ from the bridge at junction 9 and ending up dead.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sout … 378741.stm

Let me get this straight -

A man “falls” from a bridge over the busiest motorway in Europe & the police dont think there is anything suspicious about it :open_mouth:

If I fell from a bridge to my death I’d like sombody to investigate how it happend.
Was the barrier faulty?
Was there a hole in the pavement?
Was I pushed over?
How high is the barrier?
Why has an anti-climb/chucking rock cage not been fitted to it?

You get my drift

Bit off the subject tho :wink:

I had a 45 minute break on the M6 just after joining from the M42, never saw a copper either :stuck_out_tongue:

I know I could have gone over my hours as I had been held up by an accident, but where do you stop, Hilton Park is the next services

north surrey haulage:
Let me get this straight -

A man “falls” from a bridge over the busiest motorway in Europe & the police dont think there is anything suspicious about it :open_mouth:

It reminds me of a news story I heard a long time ago

Police found a man’s body bound with tape and hands cut off, his head was in a bucket near to his torso, it had been apparent his eyes had been removed.

The police said they is no suspicious circumstances

:open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

yeah i notice often Foreign lorries use parking at M25 Southern Laybay in Hardshoulder under bridge with barrier guard, last week Friday i saw one Polish, two french, one italain lorries parking. WHERE IS THE POLICE!!! :unamused:

Betz:
WHERE IS THE POLICE!!! :unamused:

Hiding in bushes waiting for people who can be made to pay fines.

Maybe, TruckNet can ask the police force concerned, why this is happining and if it can be done by UK registered trucks? I will be willing to make contact, I will of course need Lucy’s permision 1st: We will await her decsion.

TC:
Maybe, TruckNet can ask the police force concerned, why this is happining and if it can be done by UK registered trucks? I will be willing to make contact, I will of course need Lucy’s permision 1st: We will await her decsion.

That’ll be Surrey TC

TC:

TruckNet cannot do any such thing. As I have told you several times before, we cannot get involved in campaign-type stuff…if you want to do it for yourself then fine, but leave TruckNet out of it.

Alternatively, this sort of thing is right up Barry’s street over on www.Truckersworld.co.uk :wink:

about 5 years ago i was fined for parking overnight on a slip road coming out of a service area just below carnforth i got there at midnight i was bang on 15 hours and the place was full so i parked in front of a couple of foreign boys on the slip on the way out .at 8.30 the following morning a copper woke me up banging on my door he told me i cant park here and i must move i informed him i cant till 9 oclock to which he replied well heres a 30 quid fine and i,ll be back at nine to see if your gone.my point being if youve got a uk reg plate your fair game if your foreign you get a way with it cuz it never gets paid and its to much bother chasing it up :confused:

vosa are bringing in on the spot fines to include foreign hauliers as well, here, here.

Rob k is on that site

brit_mark:
Rob k is on that site

Thats nice… .Why isn’t he here?? :unamused: :unamused:

smeserver:

brit_mark:
Rob k is on that site

That will have raised Bazmans viewing figures :stuck_out_tongue:

brit_mark:
Rob k is on that site

robk is on another site, not that site.

He is on both sites Johnny. :wink: :smiley:

smeserver:

brit_mark:
Rob k is on that site

Check This thread, for the answer to that question Smeserver :smiley: .