PARKING ON A19

Not been on here for a while, hope everyone’s OK and coping! Can you help me out - following a day’s shunting tomorrow, I’m loading at 5pm in Corby and running so far north for a 7am tip in Hartlepool on Thursday morning. Where to park up? Stockyard is obvious but it’s still a bit of a trek the next day. Maybe Wetherby (we get parking paid) but I try to avoid MSAs if possible. I often stop at the Bedale rest area (not the new one at Leeming - awful food) but I’ll have turned off onto the A19 before then. Any suggestions between J49 A1 and Teesside? S’pose I could run all the way to Hartlepool but I’ll probably have had enough by then…Thanks in advance.

Google the address for Scania at Thirsk. Ind estate parking 10 minutes walk from town.

Ta!

DL7 8NA,applegarth lorry park Northallerton.
20 seconds walk from the town centre, pubs, takeaways, supermarkets.
Trucks only a from 6pm but I’ve parked there from 5 before without problem.
One of the best fish and chip shops in the north of England less than a minutes walk away.

the maoster:
Google the address for Scania at Thirsk. Ind estate parking 10 minutes walk from town.

I thought Thirsk had become a total HGV no overnight parking area

the maoster:

My uncle Jimmy used to park his Ferrymasters Merc there :laughing:

biggriffin:

the maoster:

I parked there on the Friday before plague lockdown no problem mate. No yellow lines or signs up, even got a wave from a patrolling armed response unit too :smiley:

I parked just off a19 on 174 last night in a lay-by , got rocked all over the place but other than that fine , but got moaned at by bird in morning at Tesco as I could of parked there over night & lorry / tri would of been safe & I could of had a shower & a hot meal
But I didn’t know that & anyway I provide my own food now

7A349AE6-7802-423F-BEB7-E111ECAB04BC.jpeg

biggriffin:

No that’s Leeming Bar. The Scania dealership is on an industrial park right on the outside edge of the town on a road that sticks out of the southern end with nothing else on it than the industrial estate.

dozy:
I parked just off a19 on 174 last night in a lay-by , got rocked all over the place but other than that fine , but got moaned at by bird in morning at Tesco as I could of parked there over night & lorry / tri would of been safe & I could of had a shower & a hot meal

Is this worth commenting on or just ignore and move on…

Second option.

Depends how far you get before wanting to stop but if you turn off the A19 near Miserable-borough there’s a secure lorry park near the ASDA on the A66, just past J&J Wards, put TS6 6TX into your satnav that should take you pretty much to the gates. Alternatively you could risk parking outside on the Ind Est, but there’s shed loads of “travellers” in that area so you might find your tank empty in the morning.

There’s also the Woodbridge layby near Knayton/Borrowby - don’t know what it’s like overnight but it’s well set back from the road so no rocking, and don’t forget Excelby services just north of Northallerton, I’m not sure if these do overnighters, they’re all too close to home for me to have done a night out there.

dozy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i didnt know stobrats allowed pets to accompany drivers nowadays.
still,
must be easier than taking the goldfish with you with it slipping across the dashboard all the time?

the maoster:
Second option.

Okay, bit like an annoying child ignore it and it normally goes away, but that one keeps coming back.

Thanks all. Got to Thirsk about 2015 and just managed to squeeze in, quite a few wagons there. Despite that, no litter - let’s hope it stays that way. As the Maoster mentioned, it’s only a hop, skip and a jump into the town, with plenty of options once you get there.

chinese6:
As the Maoster mentioned, it’s only a hop, skip and a jump into the town, with plenty of options once you get there.

Go for the Parmo, a proper Teesside delicacy unknown outside of the North East. :wink:

Had a spam fritter and chips as it happened, bloody lovely! Passed the Woodbridge layby on my way to the land of the monkey-hanger, I’d forgotten about that. Excelby Services is still being built/rebuilt by the looks, should be plenty of HGV spaces when it’s done. Got to Hartlepool at 0630, left at 0830, reloaded Shildon, tipped Fosse Park Leicester, reloaded Wigston, tipped Corby, done and dusted by 1700. I’ve had worse days…

dieseldog999:

dozy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i didnt know stobrats allowed pets to accompany drivers nowadays.
still,
must be easier than taking the goldfish with you with it slipping across the dashboard all the time?

Don’t know if there allowed or if it’s a pet or a wild animal but there something other than me living in the cab as I’m covered in bites most mornings , so spraying this stuff , but not recommend it as it gets on your chest when you spray cab & yourself

D04B9BF8-0E73-4731-91D8-3EA368DBFB5D.jpeg

Tipped dobbies Stockton , couldn’t see why you couldn’t park in there , just a couple of cones & they didn’t stop me driving in , garage in front of place , didn’t open until 8 so as long as your gone by 7.30 & take your litter with you should be fine