Parking on a residential street

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 8238167412

Complaints about hgv parking. There is a lack of parking round here though

Simple question is would you want them parked outside your house all weekend, no doubt using the nearby bushes as a toilet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
Simple question is would you want them parked outside your house all weekend, no doubt using the nearby bushes as a toilet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That isn’t very far from my house and no I wouldn’t.

However round here there are a lot of factories to deliver to and collect from and a lack of parking. A truck stop was applied for and blocked due to complaints by local residents.

As is pointed out there are no restrictions on that road so this is what happens when you object to the truck park.

Some fella started parking a wagon near ours recently. Must admit at first I was saying to the missus “what’s that thing doing parked down here?”, before the penny quickly dropped and I realised it wasn’t affecting my life whatsoever.

Doesn’t seem like the wagons in this story are in the way or blocking anybodies light. So long as the drivers aren’t being anti social there is no problem here.

This one used to park around the corner from my folks house every weekend,Parked like a clown blocking the pavement forcing people to walk on the road to pass it just before a corner…
Doesn’t park there anymore so assume he’d changed jobs or was reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as I don’t find crap bags and they pour their ■■■■ bottles down the drain carry on :wink:

Bit of a (pleasant) surprise to see all the comments on there backing us up.
It just shows how ignorant some are…‘‘Should be parked up in a lorry park’’
I agree, but what lorry parks?
Chance would be a fine thing, it also says that they were planning a truck park on that area, but it was rejected…classic. :unamused:

I was parked on the edge of an estate one night, and an old guy walked over from his house.about 100 yards away,.I thought ‘‘Here we go’’ but he then asked me if I wanted a cup of tea, and told me where the nearest facilities were, which kinda restored my faith a bit.

kcrussell25:
A truck stop was applied for and blocked due to complaints by local residents.

Wouldn’t it be a lovely bit pf poetic justice if the person who posted this on facebook was one of those that objected to the truck park? :laughing:

Kinda sums up modern society

xichrisxi:
This one used to park around the corner from my folks house every weekend,Parked like a clown blocking the pavement forcing people to walk on the road to pass it just before a corner…

What a bell end. Anyone with a pushchair or in a wheel chair has to go on the road to go round him

19 Prohibition of parking of HGVs on verges, central reservations and footways.
(1)Subject to subsection (2) below, a person who parks a heavy commercial vehicle (as defined in section 20 of this Act) wholly or partly—
(a)on the verge of a road, or
(b)on any land situated between two carriageways and which is not a footway, or (c)on a footway,
is guilty of an offence.
(2)A person shall not be convicted of an offence under this section in respect of a vehicle if he proves to the satisfaction of the court—
(a)that it was parked in accordance with permission given by a constable in uniform, or
(b)that it was parked in contravention of this section for the purpose of saving life or extinguishing fire or meeting any other like emergency, or
(c)that it was parked in contravention of this section but the conditions specified in subsection (3) below were satisfied.
(3)The conditions mentioned in subsection (2)(c) above are—
(a)that the vehicle was parked on the verge of a road or on a footway for the purpose of loading or unloading, and
(b)that the loading or unloading of the vehicle could not have been satisfactorily performed if it had not been parked on the footway or verge, and
(c)that the vehicle was not left unattended at any time while it was so parked.

DickyNick:

xichrisxi:

What a bell end. Anyone with a pushchair or in a wheel chair has to go on the road to go round him

Exactly but it seems to be the way of today’s society. They cannot walk and have to park as close as possible to where they are going.
We see it on a street near us. Car drivers park completely on the pavement with no regard for pedestrians or wheelchairs because they are too lazy to walk 50 yds and park correctly.
Selfish and ignorant. Trouble is police or council do nothing. Personally I would pick the vehicle up and crush it and when they came looking for their car give them a hard kick in the knackers. :imp:

muckles:

kcrussell25:
A truck stop was applied for and blocked due to complaints by local residents.

Wouldn’t it be a lovely bit pf poetic justice if the person who posted this on facebook was one of those that objected to the truck park? :laughing:

Looking at the comments on Facebook I think I know who posted it and doubt that he would have. Would be nice of some others did though.

However all the smugness of his bargain House he brought a few years ago has probably worn off…

xichrisxi:

That’s obviously not acceptable but when I was growing up it was very common to either park the whole outfit at the end of the road or leave the trailer somewhere and bring the unit back even parking it on the drive.

What was the case, and probably is to some extent now, is it seems to be alright if the street is full of honest working people in the same sorts of jobs like builder, lorry driver, tradespeople that sort of thing everyone’s ok with work vehicles and stuff like old wrecks parked on the street because everyone either does or might want to bring a work vehicle home or works/repairs their own cars that type of thing.

The problems come when you get too many retired people and aspirational bell ends who’ve either got too much time on their hands or imagine anyone’s impressed with their cheaply built Barratt home with its perfectly trimmed lawn.

Best one I saw in a while was a tipper driver stopping in the road to visit a butty van in a layby on the other side of the road when there was a layby on his side not 50 yards down the road…

There’s a guy who parks a CF DAF rigid on my street several nights a week and goes home, however he lives half a mile away and could park outside his house but doesn’t. The road outside my home is also the access to a nursing home and requires access to the home by ambulances etc. Someone else has occasionally parked an artic with a skelley and 45ft box on my street and I know it’s non of my neigbours

Leaving himself open to a few offences parking there for any length of time. I see a few trucks parked on the public highway, I always thought H.G.V.s needed lights when parked up during the hours of darkness when on the public roads and cars also if the speed limit is over 30 mph.

Why would people not want an hgv parking in their street.
Hgv starts up at 4am engine running or reving up to build up air, so waking up the residents.
Trying to sell their house only to be told it’s worth 10 grand less as people will not want to buy a house with hgv parking outside.
I think when they give planning permission for rdc etc they should include in the planning provision for hgv parking exactly for this sort of problem.