Parking near old Trafford

As above, I’m loading in there at MUFC on monday AM. I’ll be coming in from Sheffield Sun PM . Come on then, somewhere quiet would be nice!

Near The Village pub. Put Fifth Avenue into your sat nag and you’ll be in the right area.

You could struggle because of Soccer Aid, but I’d say the Village area in Trafford Park depending when you get there (1st,2nd,3rd Avenue etc). Pub & shops around there. Failing that, maybe Brightgate Way off Barton Dock Road.

rob22888:
You could struggle because of Soccer Aid, but I’d say the Village area in Trafford Park depending when you get there (1st,2nd,3rd Avenue etc). Pub & shops around there. Failing that, maybe Brightgate Way off Barton Dock Road.

Lankro Way well positioned if you fancy wetherspoons for grub, quiet and plenty of turning space. M30 0SA

I believe there’s a space in front of the goal, it’s for parking a bus, but u will fit in fine :smiley:

Ask some of the Man U (spit :smiley: ) ‘‘local home fans’’ for a few suggestions for parking near the ground,… Next time you’re in Surrey, Essex and the Home Counties. :smiley: :laughing:

By the side of Tesco in Irlam. 10 minute run in.

Thanks folks, the Tesco in Irlam looks favourite at mo. :smiley:

Maybe u could try behind the Asda on Trafford Park , Taylor rd

Try Sharston estate just off the m56/m60 then about 15 mins away to Trafford. Although not really any facilities around there.

Tesco irlam only about 3 wagon spaces rest double yellow. And usually find foreign wagons there of a weekend. There’s a bigish set back laybye outside barton airport

edd1974:
Tesco irlam only about 3 wagon spaces rest double yellow. And usually find foreign wagons there of a weekend. There’s a bigish set back laybye outside barton airport

Lankro Way at Eccles is coned off due to EE’s abusing it…
Tesco Irlam, stay away. Just nipped up there to get the papers and 8 out of 9 Turks from Kadir Demar and an Irish unit have got parking tickets on. If you do go to Irlam, go to Gilchrist Road opposite Flint Group.

edd1974:
Try Sharston estate just off the m56/m60 then about 15 mins away to Trafford. Although not really any facilities around there.

aldi, lidal, tesco, BP garage ■■■■■■■ hell list goes on.

To be fair tesco will be a nice 30 minute walk, 20minute walk into northendern. But if you choose to stay there I’ll stick the kettle on

EDIT, just realised, your coming in tonight… yea every where will be shut. my bad! BP garage wont be tho, 24/7 at sharston

To be fair tesco will be a nice 30 minute walk, 20minute walk into northendern. But if you choose to stay there I’ll stick the kettle on

You local then? As I’m only on benchill lol

edd1974:

You local then? As I’m only on benchill lol

Me too :smiley:

edd1974:

This is where I ended up. In the lay-by next to air ambulance. Tesco was as described full of foreign trucks. I’m here now.

If have upto date sat nav there’s new well about a year old bit of road. near rugby ground go straight on takes you under barton bridge. Instead of going round up over on the m60.

edd1974:
If have upto date sat nav there’s new well about a year old bit of road. near rugby ground go straight on takes you under barton bridge. Instead of going round up over on the m60.

If there is no traffic on the 60 the difference is negligible for getting on the parts of trafford park you’d take a truck.

Hi Big Vern, how yer doin, sounds like you have got yerself a good number on the events work, watch out for the diesel fairies around the place you are parked up they have always had a presence there. Planning to get back in the game myself next year when my lad flees the nest to uni :smiley:

Stay safe mate
Regards
Dave Penn;

I do agree at times could be quicker to go round the old way over barton bridge.
What puzzles me though. Your approaching from irlam. Direction You don’t know the area so rely on road signs.
Road sign says m60 towards Bolton m61 m66 etc left . Manchester airport m60 Stockport straight on. Taking you all through Trafford park to rejoin the m60 someware near Trafford centre via maybe 6 sets of lights and roundabouts. Surely be easier to direct all motorway traffic down the old a57 as only about 1 mile round a roundabout and on. Instead of messing around