Parking near M42

Does any-one know of any nice quiet parking places near / just off the M42 between Castle Donnington and Redditch areas.
Preferably quiet lay-by / industrial estate … I know Lincoln farm Café, but my firm won’t pay parking. I dislike using those lay-bys on the M42 … too noisy.
Would be handy if it was Ashby / Tamworth area :question:
PM me if you don’t want to tell everybody :laughing: :laughing:
Thanks.

Park on the service road at the entrance to Tamworth services…If there’s a spot left.

Come off at J13, head up A511 towards Ashby, you’ll see big tescos in front of you on the roundabout, come off the slip on your left and there’s plenty of parking on the little business park. Nice and quiet and you’ve got tescos within 5 minute walk.

Head for Tamworth services, instead of turning right to go into services go straight on, next roundabout do a U turn, anywhere down that road, right next to services but don’t have to pay, just hope the foreigners ain’t blocking the place up

There is the petrol station at the end of the A42 where it turns into the M42. There are about 7/8 parking places there and there is a McDonalds on site as well.

Conan the Librarian:
Come off at J13, head up A511 towards Ashby, you’ll see big tescos in front of you on the roundabout, come off the slip on your left and there’s plenty of parking on the little business park. Nice and quiet and you’ve got tescos within 5 minute walk.

If it’s sunday night parking Tesco will be shut from 4pm.
Ashby is a 10 min walk or if you walk upto where Mcdonalds is there is a pub there :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
If you want a quiet layby coming southbound come off at J11 take 1st exit left towards Measham less than half a mile big layby on left off the road :smiley: :smiley:

Come off the M42 at Tamworth, head west on A5.

Come off at the first junction (not the one immediately off the motorway roundabout) turn left and follow it for about half a mile until you get to the old A5, go straight over the roundabout onto Ninian Way and Tame Valley industrial estate is on your right, parked there loads of times.

The Rustler:
but my firm won’t pay parking

:unamused: :unamused: And therein lies the problem.

The Rustler:
but my firm won’t pay parking.

Why do drivers put up with this crap? If they want you to park, they pay. Simples.

Even at £20 a night, all it takes is 1 tank of diesel to go missing or a load stolen and the cost is soon put into perspective.

I know loads and fuel can go walkies in services, but which would you say is more secure? A service area with 50 other vehicles and others coming and going throughout the night, or a ■■■■■■ layby in the middle of nowhere in pitch black?

And why is it drivers find it acceptable to be left in the middle of nowhere with no facilities for food/hot water/toilets etc. The day I am forced to ■■■■ under a trailer is the day I will not be doing this any more.

Unfortunately the ratio of companies that will always pay for parking regardless if the vehicle is loaded or empty to those who won’t pay for parking if empty or if they haven’t asked you to park at a services, or agreed to pay if you do, will most likely be very small, Drivers put up with this because they have little choice, and moaning to bosses could result in you know where the door is if you don’t like it, you ain’t being forced to work here,ect ect

Industrial estate in castle donnington ( Trent lane I think it’s called) is fine with loads of space. There’s a coop and castle donnington about 5 minute walk with loads of pubs and eating places.

Lincoln farm is free on Sundays as the cafe is shut, there is a toilet block open 24 hours and showers but if the log burner is off, no hot water for the showers .

SEDriver:

The Rustler:
but my firm won’t pay parking.

Why do drivers put up with this crap? If they want you to park, they pay. Simples.

Even at £20 a night, all it takes is 1 tank of diesel to go missing or a load stolen and the cost is soon put into perspective.

I know loads and fuel can go walkies in services, but which would you say is more secure? A service area with 50 other vehicles and others coming and going throughout the night, or a [zb] layby in the middle of nowhere in pitch black?

And why is it drivers find it acceptable to be left in the middle of nowhere with no facilities for food/hot water/toilets etc. The day I am forced to [zb] under a trailer is the day I will not be doing this any more.

I find sleeping in a service station crap, give me a lay by/industrial area any day of the week, stop for a ■■■■ before your due to park up, nice big empty bottle and your sorted, I last stayed in services in May, if I have to this year it’ll be too soon, my load ain’t gonna get nicked (write off cars) and if someone wants the diesel fine have it, just leave me enough to get to a fuel station

Thanks for all the suggestions … did wonder about that place at Ashby ( you can see estate from M42 ) … know about Trent Lane at Castle Donnington ( use it ) … wanted somewhere a bit further down M42.

I pull fridge trl , so not popular on services :unamused: … got fridge / freezer & microwave in cab - fitted by firm - as compensation for not paying for parking.