Parking near glasgow/m8 area

Tipping in glasgow tomorrow lunchtime(monday) then one in edinburgh tuesday. Can anyone recommend anywhere to park thats on the way to edinburgh, needs to be secure really so truckstop/services really, dont know the north at all so any help would be great. Been told not to stay anywhere near glasgow because its abit rough apprently?

Cheers. Simon.

Saaamon:
Tipping in glasgow tomorrow lunchtime(monday) then one in edinburgh tuesday. Can anyone recommend anywhere to park thats on the way to edinburgh, needs to be secure really so truckstop/services really, dont know the north at all so any help would be great. Been told not to stay anywhere near glasgow because its abit rough apprently?

Cheers. Simon.

The only services with truck parking on the M8 is Harthill Services and the bonus is its free to park. But its only got a M&S food outlet for grub.

~Isn’t that a hotspot for truck crime though. I know it used to be a few years ago ?

Kerbdog:
~Isn’t that a hotspot for truck crime though. I know it used to be a few years ago ?

Could be. Thats probably why its free to park. :laughing:

secure parking in scotland…haha

I don’t know if the Burnside Truckstop is still on the go. It is (or was) just off J5 of the M8, although its quite close to Harthill so im not sure how secure it would be.

Not secure at all.

Try any industrial estate in East Kilbride failing that park on Wallace Street, just off the kingston bridge in the city centre. Just behind my place and is safe as. Lambo’s and Mercs park on the street often but on the opposite side of the street it’s always empty spaces and more than enough room for 10 artics.

damoq:
I don’t know if the Burnside Truckstop is still on the go. It is (or was) just off J5 of the M8, although its quite close to Harthill so im not sure how secure it would be.

burnside shut down a few years ago and is now a coach company

if you dont mind a bit out your way the red moss is about 30 mins away down the m74 and is very good and quiet ,allways been good food and good beer

You could try Newbridge Industial Estate nearly at the end of the M8 near Edinburgh , take junction 2 on the M8 e on to the M9 then the first slip leads you into Newbridge , there is a Mc Donalds plus a service station , but I canot comment on the security but it looks ok .

stagedriver:
Not secure at all.

Try any industrial estate in East Kilbride failing that park on Wallace Street, just off the kingston bridge in the city centre. Just behind my place and is safe as. Lambo’s and Mercs park on the street often but on the opposite side of the street it’s always empty spaces and more than enough room for 10 artics.

Wallace Street■■? I still wouldn’t be 100% sure about parking there even with a rotweiller guarding my truck. :open_mouth:

Theres a few spaces next to Plumb Centre at Newbridge near Edinburgh. Not officially secure but theres a Hermes depot oposite thats open all night so trucks in and out regular (although not close enough to bother you).Ive parked there a few times without a problem however I have got a bulk trailer.

Head towards the Forth bridge from the M8 , take the first exit and turn left at the roundabout and left again by the garage and McDonalds. carry on up that road under the first bridge and its about 200yards up on the left. There is a butty van there thats open in the day (Louises Lunchbox IIRC,excellent brekkie for about £4 :smiley: )

Sorry shugg you beat me to it :smiley: :smiley:

toowise:
Theres a few spaces next to Plumb Centre at Newbridge near Edinburgh. Not officially secure but theres a Hermes depot oposite thats open all night so trucks in and out regular (although not close enough to bother you).Ive parked there a few times without a problem however I have got a bulk trailer.

Head towards the Forth bridge from the M8 , take the first exit and turn left at the roundabout and left again by the garage and McDonalds. carry on up that road under the first bridge and its about 200yards up on the left. There is a butty van there thats open in the day (Louises Lunchbox IIRC,excellent brekkie for about £4 :smiley: )

Sorry shugg you beat me to it :smiley: :smiley:

Great minds think alike , Shugg .

what about bothwell, j4-j5 is that ok?

Cheers for everyones help.

Toowise that sounds ideal. where abouts is the forth bridge :blush: ? i dont know anywhere up north.

Saaamon:

Toowise that sounds ideal. where abouts is the forth bridge :blush: ? i dont know anywhere up north.

Just head out of Glasgow towards Edinburgh, its signposted the last exit before you get to the Edinburgh city bypass. If you miss the exit you can carry on to the end head for City Bypass North then head towards Ingleston and airport (thats the A8) carry on to first roundabout , go straight across and you’ll see the McDs I mentioned earlier :smiley:

Saaamon:

Probably safe enough but about £20 to park for the night.

toowise:

Saaamon:

Just head out of Glasgow towards Edinburgh, its signposted the last exit before you get to the Edinburgh city bypass. If you miss the exit you can carry on to the end head for City Bypass North then head towards Ingleston and airport (thats the A8) carry on to first roundabout , go straight across and you’ll see the McDs I mentioned earlier :smiley:

Thank you, just looked on google maps and can see plumb centre and mc donalds. That spot is perfect providing i have enough time left but should be fine, reckon i’ll have 1:30-2hrs.

cheers mate.

Saaamon:

Its the one in between the 3rd and 5th ffs ,are you for real?

No worries Saamon, I parked there on Friday night , very quiet and Plumb Centre has CCTV around the building, not sure if its on the truckpark though TBH . It is also marked up for trucks so youre not parking in anyones way.

If youre getting up late on the Tuesday I can definately recommend the breakfast from the van, I sometimes go out of my way if Im in the general vicinity. :smiley:

Suedehead:

Saaamon:

Its the one in between the 3rd and 5th ffs ,are you for real?

I’ve clearly said i dont know the north thats why i’ve come on here to ask, i’ve been very greatful and thankful for everyones help but you still couldnt help yourself could you.