Parking near dublin

can anyone suggest decent parking near or around dublin with washing and toilet facilities please?

Neil

theres a new truckstop in dublin.havent been there since it opened,but its near the dock and new tunnel.im sure someone will have more info :slight_smile:

Neil theres a driver from Norfolk ? with a black daf does pop tours did a diary recently and spent a week at (Topaz Truckstop ?) by docks in Dublin,sorry to be so vague but I’m having a bad head day,he gave it a good report, regards derek

ive just had a quick look on the net and the truckstop is on the way to the tunnel from the port.its probably signed up and easy to find.pics of it look nice :slight_smile:

:bulb:

Go to the ‘Overnight Parking’ forum…

Click onto page 2…

Scroll down and click onto the thread entitled ‘Dublin City parking’…

read the posts, down to the last one…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Been there not cheap but quite a good place to park, look out for the police parked/hidden round the back :wink:

Dafman:
Been there not cheap but quite a good place to park, look out for the police parked/hidden round the back :wink:

:confused: Why would you need to look out for the police :question:
Look out for pikies :angry: yes i can understand but look out for
police i dont understand :confused:

I was in the Topaz this morning, it has everything you would want, toilets, showers, food, shop, internet, truck wash, fuel, and it’s clean. Easy enough to walk into town from there, or taxi wouldn’t be that expensive. It hasn’t got a lot of parking and it does fill up a bit quickly when the Stena and Irish ferries dock within a few minutes of each other, so in the evening you want to try to get in there before 17:00 - 17:15.

i had 5 or 6 days there a month or two ago, very nice, for showers now apparently you leave a deposit so another of our drivers told me yesterday, the garage is 24hrs, well stocked, the restaurant is fine, theres pay a syou go internet as well, and theres a good truckwash, as coffee said, it does fill up when theres a boat docked. Follow signs to the port, once thru the security gates you come to a roundabout, its in front of you, turn left at roundabout, end of road right, then right to the barriers. its called Topaz Truckstop. You dont need to be going to or leaving the port to go there, (you can just go in to park without having business in the port itself). I will be going to Dublin again in the new year and am looking forward to going there again.

ya the Topaz truckstop is right in the middle of the port.very handy to get to as Kindle530 explained.

Confused Why would you need to look out for the police Question
Look out for pikies Mad yes i can understand but look out for
police i dont understand Confused

i would not be inclined to park up anywhere else around the port apart from the Topaz.it’s most likely you will get clamped.i’ve seen plenty it happened to.there is 24hr security in the parking area…you’ll be fine.try and park away from the pumps if you can get the space.the noise could get annoying…but i can usually sleep through it all…until the lads with their bigV8’s and straight thru’ pipes come in.they are loud,but sound good though :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Enjoy it Neil

Sorry neil.a bit out with my info,but you got there in the end,I was right about the black Daf tho,apolgies and regards derek

If you are coming off a boat then follow the signs for the Port Tunnel (M1). You’ll see it at the last roundabout. Couldn’t miss it.
If you are coming into the Port though the tunnel then its on your left at the first roundabout. Again, you couldnt miss it.

thanks for all the replys guys, going to be over there for 7 days well 2 drivers, 1 going monday night and im flying over friday to change over any ideas on prices?

Cheers Neil

Think the topaz is 20euro for 24 hours thats the max charge its less for less hours. Where you gonna be driving to/from? Theres other places outside dublin where parking is free, and the foods better than the Topaz.

i was there in august and the prices were,
0-2 hours free
2-6 hours €5
6-10 hours €10
10-14 hours €15
14-24 hours €20

but the barrier was broken so i parked for free

barrier was still broke this morning

Barrier is nearly always broken. I’ve actually seen it being broken twice when trucks have hit it and it never last more than a day or two when it is repaired.

As a side note, were any of you who have mentioned using the Topaz on the Stena boat recently wearing a TruckNet t-shirt? On one of my crossings a couple of weeks ago I saw someone wearing one.