Parking near Dorking

4 of us heading down there on Tuesday, any ideas for parking with food and drink establishments nearby?

Not sure of anywhere in Dorking itself, but there’s free parking in Gloucester Rd in Redhill.
Council car park that allows overnight HGV parking from I think 6pm to 7am, right in the centre of town so 2 min walk to pubs & shops etc.
It’s about 7 miles from Dorking, so someone may know a suitable stop a bit closer.

The nearest sensible place with their being four of you would be the cafe at coln brook near heathrow not too far from dorking and it’s okay in there decent food and clean and tidy.

bobbya:
The nearest sensible place with their being four of you would be the cafe at coln brook near heathrow not too far from dorking and it’s okay in there decent food and clean and tidy.

thats about 26 miles

spit the dog:

bobbya:

thats about 26 miles

And

We are heading down from Newcastle.

2 of us off to a farm in Dorking and 2 down to Lancing for Wednesday morning deliveries. Could park at Egham but its a taxi ride into town.

Redhill sounds good.

Theres a layby on the A25 Shere by pass about 4 miles west of Dorking, normally has a snack bar there, Very rural and should be able to fit 4 arctics, but bank hol so no
promise as could be caravans and poss no snack bar…

Half way between Dorking and Guildford…

If it’s still there, there was a good sized car park behind the leisure centre, which was on the left as you came into Dorking from off the A24. And only a short walk into town.

A little further south at Faygate which is on the A264 east of Horsham there was a good
transport cafe with fairish parking and again only a short walk into the village pub.

Haven’t been down there for years myself so perhaps someone could elucidate.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Need a beer establishment though as we have the queens thingy to celebrate.

Your correct, I forgot about that one its a pay and display quite big , not too sure on the hgv parking though used to allow it to the rear of the carpark , be worth a look as Dorking is full of pubs and eateries everything from fish and chips to top of the range restaurants

my bet would be redhill. They are really easygoing with trucks in there, counted over 30 couple of weeks ago. 20 paces to the pub, supermarket opposite!

Parked behind the leisure centre. 30cwt weight limit whatever that is! Never mind.

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?suoga1