Parking near bournemouth

Can anyone recommend some secure parking as near to bournemouth as possible. I will be parked up for three days so would like somewhere with showers, food etc. Nearest i have found is portsmouth truckstop along the coast, is this a good spot. I appreciate there is a parking section on this forum but i dont think its looked at as much as here. Thanks paul

mr lordi:
Can anyone recommend some secure parking as near to bournemouth as possible. I will be parked up for three days so would like somewhere with showers, food etc. Nearest i have found is portsmouth truckstop along the coast, is this a good spot. I appreciate there is a parking section on this forum but i dont think its looked at as much as here. Thanks paul

you can park on stadium way in poole next to the speedway track its a 2 min walk in to the centre paul mathew leave there trailers there not to sure bout facilitys wether u can use the ones at the stadium or not i dont know .

i dont think there is anywhere in bournemouth not with shower etc only thing i can suggest is using a leisure centre

You always used to be able to park in Kings Park by Bournemouth FC just off the A338 Wessex way but I don’t think there is anything in the way of facilities there. Where in Bournemouth are you heading?

The choices of parking for that length of time will be very limited, let alone with facilities. It might be worth contacting the port of Poole to see if they can help in any way.

I wouldn’t touch Portsmouth Truckstop. Read the reviews in the parking forum, more a dustbowl than secure parking!

What about Poole docks ■■ You used to be able to park outside. The lads on the gate were always sound blokes, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind you parking inside even or just nipping in to use the showers in Brittanys offices :confused: Only a couple of minutes walk into the town too :smiley:

Been a while since I’ve been weekended down there though so not sure if it’s still the same. You could always call the Poole Harbour Co and see what the score is :confused:

jdc:
The choices of parking for that length of time will be very limited, let alone with facilities. It might be worth contacting the port of Poole to see if they can help in any way.

I wouldn’t touch Portsmouth Truckstop. Read the reviews in the parking forum, more a dustbowl than secure parking!

You getting senile in your old age Billy :smiley: :smiley:

jdc:

jdc:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Must of been having a “Toby” moment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The access road to the loading bay at Tesco’s next to the hospital (just off the A338 first junction as you come itno B’mth) not secure, but there’s a liesure centre across the road, Tesco’s right beside you and if you walk down the road, a lovely walk along the river (if you walk about 3/4 of a mile into Iford / tucton there’s a pub (the Iford Bridge) that does good reasonably priced food. Failing that there’s regular buses from the hospital into town
(Weather’s supposed to be nice this weekend)

the 2 pubs by the cooper dean do a nice bit of grub

Poole docks/ferry port is ok to park. I used it this week in fact. Park next to the old weighbridge, opposite the cafe and toilets. No shower but the toilets are clean and open 24/7 and not used for “cottaging”. Its only a 5 min walk to town as well.
Other than that its Rownhams services I think.

Dont bother with Portsmouth truck stop,they have showers,the place is a dump,i would concur with Poole docks,the security may let you park inside the port,there is a cafe inside,a public swimming pool a few minutes walk away,or get a bus to Tower View retail park,multiplex cinemas,and many buffet style eateries,and a bowling alley.
Shower in Brittany ferry office for freight.

Takeways by the port,and pubs,and the town is full of good places to eat.

billybigrig:

jdc:

jdc:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Must of been having a “Toby” moment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But your quote was legible, in context and relevant…fear not, senile and blind you might be but ‘Tobyness’ is nowhere near yet! As you were :smiley: :smiley:

There is the truck stop between Poole and Southampton,in the New Forest,it is tucked away off the round about by the Shell garage,cant remember the name,the food is spot on,it is twitchers spot,and forest walks.

toby1234abc:
There is the truck stop between Poole and Southampton,in the New Forest,it is tucked away off the round about by the Shell garage,cant remember the name,the food is spot on,it is twitchers spot,and forest walks.

I know the one you are on about Toby but it is far from secure these days. The amount of diesel being nicked along the A31 is frightening and being tucked away where it is makes it a gyp…picke…travel…diesel thieves dream :laughing: You can’t get away from the fact there is a severe lack of parking in this neck of the woods :imp:

jdc:

toby1234abc:

I know the one you are on about Toby but it is far from secure these days. The amount of diesel being nicked along the A31 is frightening and being tucked away where it is makes it a gyp…picke…travel…diesel thieves dream :laughing: You can’t get away from the fact there is a severe lack of parking in this neck of the woods :imp:

sounds like avon heath never had a problem parking there got a shower in the cafe which is clean and good, you do have to pay to use it but only 1.50 foods good as well. there is cctv there as well, never heard of anyone having fuel nicked in there only out on the A31 in the laybys.

Thanks for your help everyone, im delivering to the bournemouth international centre. Will look into avon heath but a bit worried about fuel theft thats going on around there.

mr lordi:
Thanks for your help everyone, im delivering to the bournemouth international centre. Will look into avon heath but a bit worried about fuel theft thats going on around there.

it might be worth asking if you can park in the service road thats going round the back

chris_g:

mr lordi:

it might be worth asking if you can park in the service road thats going round the back

Im ok to park there while the shows being built, i just have to move on when it opens

Hengitsbury Head is 7 miles east of Bournemouth,on the beach front,there is a cafe on the heath by the old ruins,you can walk to the town,take aways and chip shops,you can park in a residential area street,it is quiet,and you will be left alone.