Parking Merthyr Tydfil

Mate of mine is heading down to Merthyr tonight looking at getting there about half 8. Is there anywhere decent to park within walking distance of pub/food etc please? Thanks.

Matt.

Could try top of the hill round the back from Asda but no pubs near I don’t think but could buy some beer n grub in the store.

Make sure he has some way of buying diesel tomorrow if he parks near Merthyr…

Darkside:

Is it that bad??

xfmatt:

Darkside:

Is it that bad??

Remember it’s an area of high unemployment and very low on the affluent list.

If hes tipping at st merryns he can drop the tlr and park the unit in the car park…can use the showers and walk down to asda.

Avoid if possible ,your will even get your diesel sucked at the gate of Enviro Wales on Rassu estate when security is on too .At one time they even left the pipes and drums in the layby s in advance .

Right I’ll tell him to avoid. Anywhere in Abergavenny or Ebbw Vale or is that as bad?

Avoid all those lay-bys and areas around Ebbr vale & Merthyr

Try the ind est at Monmouth ,my mate parks there often but iam never sure exactly where he means .or do a u turn on to the symonds yat truck stop .

Abergavenny bus station car park.
Abandon it wherever you can as it probably will be packed, free to park.
Pub and grub spitting distance away.
Postcode NP7 5HF, opposite Aldi.

Cheers for replies. M42 ■■■■■■ him ended up only getting to Worcester, 88 miles from destination. ■■■■■■■ traffic!

Upton on Severn then. My destination of choice. Strensham should be bombed

To reiterate… Avoid. Merthyr . At. All. Cost.

On his head be it :unamused:

Two drivers from our place a few year ago parked in Merthyr one night and off they went to the pub.
Got chatting to two young lady’s and thought they had pulled,when they got back to truck most of belongings out of cab were taken and window smashed.
Turned out these two keep the drivers “busy” while there boyfriends robbed the truck…

If I’m going to methyr Tydfil I stop at the services on Ross on Wye. £14.99

It’s about 40 miles away but it’s decent enough

Going past the old servs at raglan it looks like it won’t be long before there’s some sort of servs opening up both sides.
I wonder if they put any dedicated truck parking at these newly built establishments. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I used to park in Aberdare in the sports centre car park and never had no bother however that’s ■■■■■■ now because they have built a school next to it :unamused: used to enjoy it there too.

Thetaff2:
Going past the old servs at raglan it looks like it won’t be long before there’s some sort of servs opening up both sides.
I wonder if they put any dedicated truck parking at these newly built establishments. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’d that the Murcco Services on the A40?

£15 and your meal included.

Hope they don’t shut it down, decent little services and always spaces