Parking ! Light at the end of the tunnel at last !(maybe)

Sorry if posted already but found this ,

The government is committing to its pledge to address the chronic lack of truckstops in England and has commissioned a year-long study into the issue.
Consultants will launch a series of surveys, audits, interviews and site visits to every English truckstop and establish current and future demand for secure parking.
The DfT says the document will be used by developers when they are deciding where to build future truckstops.
The study follows an announcement last year that lorry parking provision must be improved and standards raised.
The next step will be to shake up the planning system to prevent parking proposals being derailed by local authority planning processes.
Following a meeting with the government, RHA infrastructure manager Chrys Rampley says it will be the most in-depth study carried out so far: “It’s a really big mapping exercise,” she explains. "There will be two visits to every truckstop: one during the day and one at night to find out about demand and quantity.
“They will also try to find out where there is inappropriate parking and try to encourage local authorities to take responsibility.”
A DfT spokeswoman says the study will be completed in 2011.

Maybe just maybe there is a bit of movement at last ■■?

Off course it doesn’t mention Scotland or Wales !

the government tbh don’t have a clue where scotland and wales are

Are truckstops in the rest of the EU generally private or public funded :question:

Would this be the government who might not be the government on the 7th of May? :wink:

Fallmonk:
'…Consultants will launch a series of … interviews and … visits to every English truckstop … “one during the day and one at night…”

That’ll be work for the government whilst being paid during a legally required break then!?

I can’t imagine too many drivers having too much to say to a git in a suit no matter how well intentioned.

I wonder how much the study will cost, paying all those consultants to visit every English Truckstop twice, canvass opinions and to produce a detailed report.
I then wonder how many council lorry parks could be opened for that amount of money…

I suspect that quite a few, but also suspect the report will reccomend the encouragement of local authorities to allow private enterprise to allow truckstops to be built and no central government money being available to help fund them and an awful lot of money that could have gone towards providing parking will instead end up in the consultants bank accounts…

I’ve done a little digging and found this.

Government Study Report 2011 No. 123
Long Term Report into the Chronic Lack of LGV Parking in England

Conclusions of the year long study are as follows

1.–(1) Everywhere smelt of ■■■■.

Date of submission of findings, 11 May 2011

Copies of this report are available from the Office of Public Sector Information on request.

:wink:

Fallmonk:

The government is committing to its pledge to address the chronic lack of truckstops in England and has commissioned a year-long study into the issue.

Why don’t they just ask us about it, they could get the study over in an hour.

Basically, this is just another transparent Zanu Labour attempt at creating taxpayer-funded Soviet-style public sector non-jobs

Good news if they do build new safe places to park bad news is going to be the cost to park, eat, sleep etc in them they will make sure they get the money back you dont get something for nothing unless your african, ■■■■ or just came over in the back of a truck and if you tick all three boxes you get a really special prize.

Fallmonk:

Consultants will launch a series of surveys, audits, interviews and site visits to every English truckstop and establish current and future demand for secure parking.
The DfT says the document will be used by developers when they are deciding where to build future truckstops.
The study follows an announcement last year that lorry parking provision must be improved and standards raised.
The next step will be to shake up the planning system to prevent parking proposals being derailed by local authority planning processes.
Following a meeting with the government, RHA infrastructure manager Chrys Rampley says it will be the most in-depth study carried out so far: “It’s a really big mapping exercise,” she explains. "There will be two visits to every truckstop: one during the day and one at night to find out about demand and quantity.
“They will also try to find out where there is inappropriate parking and try to encourage local authorities to take responsibility.”
A DfT spokeswoman says the study will be completed in 2011.

Maybe just maybe there is a bit of movement at last ■■?

Nice thought but DREAM ON man. :unamused: Absolutely nothing will change. I guarantee it.

The easiest thing they could do to alleviate parking difficulties would be to build lots of continental-style motorway lay-bys but this would require giving money to people who operate plant and machinery, when obviously the money would be far better spent giving it to stuffed shirts.

Parking ! Light at the end of the tunnel at last !!!(maybe)…

Sorry mate - It’s an oncoming train

I wonder if the new government will care on with the study when they take over :question: :question: