Parking Just off M1 before M25?

Anyone know of any safe spots in this area for tonight please?

j9 m1 head for Dunstable a5 truckstop 200yds on right.

Used to park up at Oddhams trading est. Watford just off theA41, next to the big ASDA store.
5 minutes back to m25 or m1 if that helps.

Thanks lads,how much is A5 truckstop? Prefer somewhere free,Watford sounds a possibility!

exit J8 and towards Hemel H over R/bout.
Outside BP is spot for 2 Lorries or turn on next R/bout and back,just after you passed Shell a Lay-by. Shall be free Sunday Night.
Then the 414 East Bound a few Lay-bys towards Hatfield.

Frogz:
Thanks lads,how much is A5 truckstop? Prefer somewhere free,Watford sounds a possibility!

Watling St. A5… £20 with £6 meal voucher.

Lu4 0jf cradock road Dunstable, across the road is tesco a pub and chippy round the corner. Always sleep well here and I use the pure gym on this road to :sunglasses:

^THIS^

simon1958:

Frogz:

complete and utter dunghole,its never changed from the 80s,a good place to commit suicide in your cab once you’ve had a meal there.

Frogz:

Don’t be moaning then when the remaining ‘truckstops’ go bust and councils start implementing and enforcing parking restrictions which aren’t on ‘private land’

dieseldog999:

simon1958:

Frogz:

complete and utter dunghole,its never changed from the 80s,a good place to commit suicide in your cab once you’ve had a meal there.

+1

Don’t know what it’s like now, but previously, a breakfast would consist of a meal with 1 slice o’ bacon supplemented by a mountain of beans, egg floating fat…
Pigs must be rare in that neck o’ the woods… :laughing:

Baldock services on the A1, free with SNAP.

Otterspool way industrial estate, 30 secs from J5, and Toby Carvery over the road.

Here’s one that has bi-directional appeal on the westbound A414 between London Colney & what used to be the M10.

You can either be going SB on the M1, come off at the A414 Hatfield, go to the London Colney roundabout and come back on yourself to get to the first pic

Or approach from Hatfield, or even J22 off the M25… Leaving, you have the choice of M1 NB, or turn left towards Watford for M25 anticlockwise or M1 southbound.

That satellite shot Winseer has put up is ideal for being set back from the road, but its a bit of a hike to the nearest shops etc. There is a layby either direction just before the London Colney roundabout, which is five minutes walk to local pubs and shops etc. Only downside is these laybys aren’t set back.

Pretty sure they are doing a lot of roadworks around there as well.

Handley page way St. Albans? Al22dq

Cheers for all that boys,just pulled up craddock road,jobs a good un,good few options for future,ta!

J13, up sliproad turn 2nd left onto old A421 Laybys on this road also Chippy and Chinky at Brogborough.
J12 up sliproad turn left towards Flitwick about a mile two laybys either side the road.
J11 turn right at the bottom next Island turn left then 2nd left park all down there, chippy n pub back on island.
J9 Truckstop if you want it.
J8 follow A414 Towards Hemel over 1st island right at 2nd island through 2 sets of traffic lights take next left Marks road upto top round corner park all down there.
J5 A405 Towards Watford go down through lights with pub on it just past there layby on your left.

F-reds:
That satellite shot Winseer has put up is ideal for being set back from the road, but its a bit of a hike to the nearest shops etc. There is a layby either direction just before the London Colney roundabout, which is five minutes walk to local pubs and shops etc. Only downside is these laybys aren’t set back.

Yes, sorry about that. I The village hasn’t got anything at night. I’ve only used that one for a middle-of-the-night hour’s break rather than an all-nighter, so the other considerations escaped me I’m afraid.

The “suicidal type” layby of which you speak - is always choc-a-block when I drive past that one. :frowning: