Parking in rouen

Hi wonder if you guys could help im on my first euro trip on way back from spain anyone know of a good place in rouen to stop for my 24 many thanks

Isn’t there Centre Routier … if coming from Calais … go thro’ the tunnels drop down … cross the river … then turn off … sure it used to be sign-posted from the river bridge … think I’m correct :question: :question:
Must be six yrs since I was last down Rouen

Isn’t it at st ettiene de rouvray■■?

Sure when I used to tip at zieglers it was nearby…

truckertang:
Isn’t it at st ettiene de rouvray■■?

Sure when I used to tip at zieglers it was nearby…

If you’re thinking of Le Cheval Noir, Truckertang, it shuts at 19.00 and isn’t open over the week-end.
Baboo I’m just trying to get details of what might be open for you. There is a motorway service station just before you get to Rouen to the east of the junction with the A28.

Baboo, which route are you coming up towards Rouen, A28 past Alencon, or A84,A13 via Caen

A13 mate

Maison Brulee turnoff just after service area at junc 24! Think it shuts at weekend so service area is best bet! Also be warned though think tunnel toward Calais still closed for maintenance! You will have to divert by A151.

Baboo85:
A13 mate

Hi again, there are 3 motorway services between Caen and Rouen on the A13, one as you leave the Caen ringroad (peripherique) , another about mid distance between the two towns. The third one is at km 128 , as I said just after the junction with the A28. This one is Aire de Bosquet sud, there are showers, and the cafeteria/restaurant is open 24h/24h. all through the weekend. If you are eating there, dont forget to tell them you are a chauffeur routier, as you will get a discount on your meal, take your licence in just in case they want proof.
Shame you weren’t coming up the A28 , as there is a nice routiers near Brionne, which is open Saturday up to 15.00.
Let us know how you get on.

Toby will be along shortly telling you to get on your bicycle ride 20 miles round the countryside then have a three course lunch with wine in a local resteraunt sat next to the police chief followed by a certain kind of coffee followed by a swim in an open air pool. :wink:

Very good Luke, can Bertie swim?, if i was parking up i would park by the new developed quays, just before you turn off to head to Dieppe, there is loads of free parking, and a short walk to the town to have a cold beer or two,and a croque monsieur, cheese toastie.
There is a big warehouse that is a night club, shuts at 5 or 6 am.There is a corn or flour mill nearby, that may have parking, but anywhere alongside the river, you should be ok, the truck will be ok, nobody will touch it.
Not sure where the pools are there, as it may be a tad cold for a dip in the river.

switchlogic:
Toby will be along shortly telling you to get on your bicycle ride 20 miles round the countryside then have a three course lunch with wine in a local resteraunt sat next to the police chief followed by a certain kind of coffee followed by a swim in an open air pool. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

switchlogic:

Then get back to motor smelling like an old dog otter.

As Toby says, head towards the town centre, and as you get to the truck restriction you can drop down to the quayside.
Loads of parking and never had any trouble there. Only downside is there are no facilities, but it’s only a short walk to bars and
restaurants.

There are some cheap budget hotels in town, Formulae I chain is not bad, you can pay at the door with a bank card if the reception is not manned, rooms are basic, and the shower washes itself after you leave it.Automatic.
Have a wonder around and soak up the atomosphere, people pay hundreds of pounds to go there on a coach holiday, and you are there for free.
One idea, catch a train to Paris, not sure of the train de grande vitesse, or TGV high speed train goes there or not, you may find a slower service and some changes at stations, or get a train to another town for the day.
There will be take ways open till late at night or open all night, and have a look for a restaurant that has a menu, menu de jour is daily menu that changes daily.
The truckers places may be shut at the weekend, there are a few on the ring road.

Le paris-caen restaurant at maison brulle is off j24 a13 or centre routiere at grand quiverlly is signed if u come out of a rouen heading towards a13 id go with tody get showered up on service area and park down by the river

Never know his luck, he may pull a French bird for some cabin action,.lol.!!

Forgot to say, do not get too stressed by all the weight limit signs, i have gone past them and the officials did not even look twice, they are designed for transit trucks to keep them away from residential areas, if you do get a “tug”, just say “le suis perdue.” i am lost.
But at the weekend your friendly Gendarme will be having quality time with his family on their 35 hour week over there.
If you go again, as Luke as mentioned, there is a good open air and inside pool at Dieppe and Le Havre, the Le Havre pool is a “designer pool”, all very modern and clever,flowing rivers, hot and cold dip pools, steam rooms, jacuzis,heated sea water.
It is called les Bains de Docks.New shopping mall there in the old warehouses, very trendy, wear the Raybans to fit in with the locals.!!

Blimey Toby, he’s only having a 24, not a 5 day holiday. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is the driving ban extended until 2200 Monday with it being a Bank Hol?

Cold Up North:
Is the driving ban extended until 2200 Monday with it being a Bank Hol?

Yes it is and a minute past midnight, Tuesday morning, if you’re carrying hazardous.