Parking in Reading.

So it looks like some ■■■■■■■ farmer won’t load me after 4 o clock this afternoon which means im looking for somewhere to park in Reading. The farm is actually at Dunsden green on the A4155 but I’ll be coming off M4 at junction 11. Can anyone help with parking for artic close enough to have a wander into town? Cheers.

The lorry park / cafe / pub in Reading was all demolished and redeveloped years ago. :frowning:
However, I think you can still park by the railway station in Henley-on-Thames, the other way along the A4155. The railway should be on your right as you come into the town and you might have to go round the one way to get to it. Nice little town but expensive. :wink:

axletramp:
The lorry park / cafe / pub in Reading was all demolished and redeveloped years ago. :frowning:

Is/has The Cattle Market Cafe gone from Great Knollys Street then? Usually see a few wagons parked there as I think there are no restrictions. As for pubs in the town, there’s dozens! Actually, 50yards from the above mentioned cafe, there use to be one…Queens Head I think.

If it aint to late, come in towards reading from j11, look out for merc on left, the next lights go left then come back on your self, its like an island with traffic lights, soon as you are coming back the other way take left turn.

Have parked there now and again but not for a while.

Ten mins walk to town but dont think you will get closer.

Will pm my number.

Actrosman:

axletramp:

Is/has The Cattle Market Cafe gone from Great Knollys Street then? Usually see a few wagons parked there as I think there are no restrictions. As for pubs in the town, there’s dozens! Actually, 50yards from the above mentioned cafe, there use to be one…Queens Head I think.

I don’t do nights out now, but a good few years ago when I did I fancied parking up at Reading. Went down Gt. Knollys Street looking for the cattle market - all gone!
Had to turn round in the new bus garage. :laughing:
Frank’s pub - Red Lion also gone. :frowning:

Probably way too late but you can park on at Hyperion way. It is an industrial estate just off Rose Kiln lane. You have a big morrisons on the other side of the road and also chinese just round the corner

Thanks for help everyone I carried on to the farm for a quiet night. Turns out the reason they can’t load me is they’ve a big visit on with their land agents looking round the estate. As I drove through the gates there’s a hog roast set up one side and doors to the on site brewery open at the other side of the yard. Marvellous I thought, bound to offer an overnighting trucker a bottle of ale and a pork sandwich.

What did I get…? ■■■■ all!!

Well as a driver you are the scum of the earth! You’d only get a lick of his boot if he kicked it into your mouth :grimacing:

axletramp:

Actrosman:

axletramp:

I don’t do nights out now, but a good few years ago when I did I fancied parking up at Reading. Went down Gt. Knollys Street looking for the cattle market - all gone!

have a better look next time as the cattle market is still there :wink:

d4c24a:

axletramp:

Actrosman:

axletramp:

I’ll take your word for it as it’s highly likely I shall never get round there again. :sunglasses:
Certainly the bit where we used to park has long gone. :cry:

axletramp:

d4c24a:

axletramp:

Actrosman:

axletramp:

I’ll take your word for it as it’s highly likely I shall never get round there again. :sunglasses:
Certainly the bit where we used to park has long gone. :cry:

yes out the back has gone :frowning:

xfmatt:
Thanks for help everyone I carried on to the farm for a quiet night. Turns out the reason they can’t load me is they’ve a big visit on with their land agents looking round the estate. As I drove through the gates there’s a hog roast set up one side and doors to the on site brewery open at the other side of the yard. Marvellous I thought, bound to offer an overnighting trucker a bottle of ale and a pork sandwich.

What did I get…? [zb] all!!

Ahhh those farmers who say they’re skint and haven’t even got 2 coins to rub together but yet have top of the range combines, tractors, about 4 Land Rover 110s tear arseing around the fields a Range Rover for the mrs, himself a Jag and a Ford Focus ST for Tarquin their son :unamused:

daleyboy:
Probably way too late but you can park on at Hyperion way. It is an industrial estate just off Rose Kiln lane. You have a big morrisons on the other side of the road and also chinese just round the corner

Yep. There’s also a chippy 200 yards back towards the M4.

i personally dislike reading,used to be my area in an artic on pallettised deliveries in 2011/12,too much traffic which never used to be there in the early nineties

gillete way just as you come past oricale big morrisons and plenty to eat within few mins walk

portman road got signs saying 10ft bridges but plenty room turn around with loads of parking and close to town centre5-10mins walk and big tesco

Take a walk down oxford road in the evening, that’s an eye opener, or used to be :open_mouth: :open_mouth: