Parking in Portsmouth

Does anyone know of any transport cafes or truck parking areas in and around the Portsmouth area.I spend most of my week in and out of the docks but cant seem to find anywere to park.Thanks.

Try this:- found on http://www.transportcafe.co.uk/portsmouth.html
The Portsmouth Truck stop (Lorry Park & Transport cafe) is located by Farlington services, which is at, or after, the end of the M27 Motorway, where it runs into the A27 dual carriageway. It is also very near to the end of the M3 Motorway.

East or westbound on A27/M27 follow signs for Farlington services, slip roads for Southsea A2030, the shell service station is 100yds off the A27, turn left opposite garage, follow railway triangle sign, truck stop 300 yds on right.

Portsmouth Truck Stop
Walton Road,
Farlington
Hampshire
PO6-1UJ

Telephone 02392 376000

Website transportcafe.co.uk/portsmouth.html

Hours of Business
6.00am - 11.00pm Monday - Saturday
closed sundays

Facilities
Male/Female washrooms
Overnight accomodation £17.50
Shop
bar
Launderette
Parking 60 spaces
Secure Parking, on site Guards
24 Hour CCTV.

Hope it helps

Portsmouth is the most densley populated town in the UK with only three ways on and off Portsea Island. Although the commercial port is very busy the adjacent HM Dockyard won’t allow it any more space so parking is at a premium and those coming off ferries have dispensation to run up to the truckstop just off the M27 at Farlington. This is often full and although there’s overflow parking down the road security has been an issue. The truckstopitself is not the most modern and quality is variable.
Sadly Southampton a few miles due west, fares little better with no cafes nor secure overnight parking with shower around the docks which is why most container hauliers have yards in industrial estates on the fringes where their own wagons overnight.
Overall a poor situation with the authorities completely uninterested in driver’s welfare, in fact there are far fewer facilties now than when I loaded out of both towns 25 years ago.

Thanks for the replies.

i follow on with what dave has said and agree with him southampton has no parking apart from lorraines lorry park where i dare you to try 64 wheeler breakfast but thats another thread and portsmouth is just as bad with only the lorry park mentioned which when i went was ok but very pot holed and just average.

best person to ask is THE BEAR thats his neck of the woods.

the only real area around here is Rownhams on the M27. other than that, industrial estates seem to be the only option. Centurian Park is quiet at night and has acres of space. there is a 24 hour BP garage just up the road towards Bitterne Train Station on the left

jessicas dad:
i follow on with what dave has said and agree with him southampton has no parking apart from lorraines lorry park where i dare you to try 64 wheeler breakfast but thats another thread and portsmouth is just as bad with only the lorry park mentioned which when i went was ok but very pot holed and just average.

best person to ask is THE BEAR thats his neck of the woods.

Cheers, JD :o)
There is also a truck park at Havant but thats only small and the cafe shuts at 2pm. No other facilities there. Portsmouth Truckstops cafe is open from 6am till 10pm though they only do food till 9pm. There is also Keyfuels at both these Stops. Several places where I have seen trucks parked at night are the big superstores though. There is an Asda at Waterlooville that has an enormous carpark if you are getting away early. Down near Portsmouth there is a Morrisons and a Tesco’s…ok if you are away early in the morning. I would NEVER advise anyone to park at Rownham Services!! It is damned expensive there and the VOSA have a nasty habit of turning up there (as they do at Sutton Scotney) The best Services around that area are Winchester on the M3!! Great showers there last time I used them!!
If I was markyd, I would use the facilities at Portsmouth Truckstop and then go up the A3 where there are plenty of laybys … £17.50 is a bit steep for parking

Rownhams = no showers!

the problem with Portsmouth is when the ferries come in there is a mad rush to get off the boat, queue jumping and pushing to get through the waterguard and main gate, then a whacky races up to the services.
Last Night I came in at 21.45 and got to Sutton Scotney at 2300. Then we all just blocked the place off for 8 hours.

Its another of my pet hates, Dover, Felixstowe, Portsmouth and now Poole expect ferries to discharge 60 plus trucks and have them dissappear into thin air :exclamation:

winchester services seem to have missed out a lot of parking spaces. there are very few there :imp: