Parking in Paisley or Kilmarnock

Am gonna be in one or the other on Monday night. Can anybody help with best place to park up for the night? Will poss have hazardous stuff on.

Cheers

Jase

jase11:
Am gonna be in one or the other on Monday night. Can anybody help with best place to park up for the night? Will poss have hazardous stuff on.

Cheers

Jase

not everyone likes my parking advice because I can sleep anywhere, I cook my own food and I don’t have a drink problem, but almost everywhere I park is free and safe.

Can’t help with Kilmarnock, but in Paisley i’d park outside Russell’s yard(purple units). Exit M8 @ J26. head south on the A736, first roundabout, turn left, park on the left leaving room for their trucks to pass. security will watch you all night. I did hear there was a truckstop in paisley, but never tried looking for it.

travellers truckstop
a741
paisley
tel no 01415872448

toilets,showers and evening entertainment

leave M8 take A741 for paisley city centre truckstop 1 mile on left signposted from A741

got this from truckdrivers guide to truckstops 2001

Has anyone used this truckstop? First ive heard of it! Does anyone know exactly what street its on?

Ive always used Morrisons on Barrhead Road since it opened for somewhere to park up on breaks. Never had a complaint about it yet.

Danny

from the map in the guide its on the greenlaw ind est just past the abercorn ind est

A741 is the Renfrew Road. Not got a clue where the truck stop is though.
There are a few different places around the airport freight terminal that are used for overnight parking. Facilities are a bit thin on the ground. Seems to be safe enough, although some of our lorries have had diesel syphoned.

Al.

Greenlaw Industrial Estate should be on the left from Renfrew Road as you join the Paisley Ring Road. Its just before the bridge, just after the set of traffic lights onto the Paisley Ring Road.

I think!

Next time im out that way I will have a wander up and have a look, I always thought there was nothing up there as well.

as you come into paisley there are signs for truck parking turn left just before viaduct opposite startion.Its council run and has height barriers that are opened at about 5pm.over the road is a good pub that has showers and serves good food
parking is £2.50 pay and display

Wouldn’t touch Paisley m8,to many youngsters hang around,go into Airport if your coming west on M8 come of at the airport down to r/abt turn right,left at next then right at 3rd r/abt.Dhl is on right,follow round corner and take the last turning on right,this will take u to another r/abt and if you go straight over it you’ll see saint’s transport on right,go round the back of their building.

Cant help with Kilmarnock but as the guys have said there is a place in Paisley thats not to far from Killie anyway but if your self sufficent and just want to get out the way then park up at the industrial estate where the big chivers bros place is cant mind the name of the industrial estate but you cant miss the above. Its usually quiet and IF you can drop the trailer there is a Mickey Ds not to far away.

Thanks for that guys, but looks likes Paisley is out. Just been given another collection in Kilbirnie, so it looks like its either Irvine or Kilmarnock for the night.