Parking in or near Newton Stewart

Got a drop at a wind farm up at Balminoch between Newton Stewart and Stranraer in the morning. Is there any decent parking in or around that area for me tonight with pubs/takeaways close by? In an artic as well. Don’t want lay bys preferably ind estates or car parks. I know of the one at Dumfries near the Tesco but would fancy a change of scenery if possible.

I sure I once parked on carpark on the road through the town long time ago may have changed

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Got a drop at a wind farm up at Balminoch between Newton Stewart and Stranraer in the morning. Is there any decent parking in or around that area for me tonight with pubs/takeaways close by? In an artic as well. Don’t want lay bys preferably ind estates or car parks. I know of the one at Dumfries near the Tesco but would fancy a change of scenery if possible.

Newton Stewart town centre. Car park next to river. Into town from roundabout then turn right at the bank. Look fit sainsbury and aldi on Google map. Don’t try it before 5pm.

Ps can be noisy with the boy racers

What he said.
Plus there are loads of laybys on the A75 with cracking views over the Cree estuary.

mick.mh2racing:
What he said.
Plus there are loads of laybys on the A75 with cracking views over the Cree estuary.

If it’s the wind farm up the 714 he could park at bargrennan and walk to the house o the hill!

You’d need a second mortgage to drink in the house of the hill. And that lay by is my main source of firewood. Log lorries come out of the woods and loose a couple of logs in the lay by for me to liberate.

mick.mh2racing:
You’d need a second mortgage to drink in the house of the hill. And that lay by is my main source of firewood. Log lorries come out of the woods and loose a couple of logs in the lay by for me to liberate.

Aye is a dear hole. And as for the other thing. No comment my lord [emoji6]