Parking in Lowestoft

I could not find the lorry/bus park,so cruised around for an option,got to the big wind turbine near the Birds Eye factory,i was on a road with a security hut at the end of the docks with the fishing boats,a two miniute walk the the old quarter.
Can you park on Marine Parade on the sea front?There is a Portuguese cafe in town,for Sagres and Super Bock on tap.

Lorry park is here…

It’s been a while since I parked in Lowestoft but I used to get a shower in the hostel next to the lorry park for a donation to the social fund :unamused:

Park on the seafront and you might be told to switch lights on overnight…

Depending which way you came into town there is a lorry park just past Jewsons on the run up to the bridge 5 min walk from town 1 way Asda 2 mins the other way

All good,will go there next time,they were raising the big bridge all night for repairs,so the restaurants were empty from 20.00.The Indian place owners were not happy with loss of trade.

Make sure you’ve got plenty of change with you - It was £9 to park last time I was there a couple of months ago. No facilities just parking for £9!!

Martin, Is the hostel you mention the fishermans mission, if so that was where I stayed for six months years ago to do my pre- sea training before I went on the local fishing trawlers.

Great Yarmouth is a tenner,with a loo that is locked at night,coach/hgv parking off Nelson street,but handy for the town.

davidj247:
Make sure you’ve got plenty of change with you - It was £9 to park last time I was there a couple of months ago. No facilities just parking for £9!!

Been a while since I stayed there, it was £3 then :open_mouth: However I never saw anyone pay, the parking attendant would come round and check the cars at about 5pm then look around and shout “I see no trucks, and I’m not back until 9am!” I guess things have changed…

raymundo:
Martin, Is the hostel you mention the fishermans mission, if so that was where I stayed for six months years ago to do my pre- sea training before I went on the local fishing trawlers.

I’m not sure, look at the pic, it’s the building between the car park and Jewsons. There used to be a pub almost opposite, might have been called the Glue Pot (Or something like that!) but I know that has gone now…

The Bill Stickers Glue Pot was a term used for ‘Ahem’ certain ladies …say no more.