Parking In Loading Bays

Upset a lady driver today; She parked in the loading bay (clearly signed) just to load some shopping, so I blocked her in by double parking. As if by magic a traffic warden appears and tickets her, wont listen to her excuses that I’d blocked her in because she shouldn’tve been there. Warden had no problem with me doing it either. :laughing:
A blue badge granny parked in a loading bay earlier ths year in Honiton; Ignorant cow was too lazy to move forward 6 feet into the empty disabled bays. Another one blocked in. :smiling_imp:

No wonder the world hate us :smiley:
Excellent work :sunglasses:

I’d have done the same, but if she was actively just chucking a few bags in her car i’d probably have given her the opportunity to clear off.

Hah!, I did the same thing in Eastbourne a few years ago with the same result. Good job, Muckaway :smiley:

Muckaway:
Upset a lady driver today; She parked in the loading bay (clearly signed) just to load some shopping, so I blocked her in by double parking. As if by magic a traffic warden appears and tickets her, wont listen to her excuses that I’d blocked her in because she shouldn’tve been there. Warden had no problem with me doing it either. :laughing:
A blue badge granny parked in a loading bay earlier ths year in Honiton; Ignorant cow was too lazy to move forward 6 feet into the empty disabled bays. Another one blocked in. :smiling_imp:

Well done mate :smiley: Blue Badge holders do not realise that they will get a ticket if they park in loading bays, a blue badge is not a free for all parking ticket.

Muckaway:
Upset a lady driver today; She parked in the loading bay (clearly signed) just to load some shopping,

So, this driver stopped in a Loading Bay to Load her vehicle. And this is wrong, somehow?

Yes, some on-street loading bays are marked as “Goods Vehicles Only”, but the majority are not. But even when they are, it doesn’t mean “only HGVs” nor does it mean “only if delivering/loading in connection with your work or business”. Loading is loading (as is unloading).

brados:
Blue Badge holders do not realise that they will get a ticket if they park in loading bays, a blue badge is not a free for all parking ticket.

I wish they got ticketed for parking opposite/within 10 metres of a junction & just generally causing an obstruction for large vehicles. I have never know of it happening and thats the main issue with the blue badge brigade.

We’re talking one shopping bag (of Tesco proportions), and she did have to talk on her mobile phone aswell. Bit of a difference, one carrier bag to 40 sacks of flour.

Did you ask her to move once she’d finished loading her bag of shopping, does anyone find it in the least amusing that the lady got a ticket, i don’t and i suspect and hope she gets it cancelled on appeal.

Someone double parked a lorry trapping my mate in a proper parking bay a few years ago, the lorry driver, another one who thought it was really funny at the time, didn’t see the funny side when he returned to his lorry to find it had been rolled 50 yards down the road.

If she was in the loading bay, and loading her vehicle, I don’t see how she was in the wrong. Doesn’t matter how big the vehicle or how small the load … I’d have waited for her to load her shopping, had a quick word if she didn’t get a move on and go once she was done, then blocked her in as a last resort. Just going for the last option first marks you out as a bit of a ■■■, to be honest.

Muckaway:

Well done that man take a cake off the top shelf for your troubles :grimacing:

The size of her shopping bag doesn’t enter into it - Unless the signs say “Goods Vehicles Only” then she is permitted to stop there for the purposes of loading/unloading. Not for the purposes of going shopping - just to load and/or unload goods into/out of her vehicle.

rob22888:

brados:
Blue Badge holders do not realise that they will get a ticket if they park in loading bays, a blue badge is not a free for all parking ticket.

I wish they got ticketed for parking opposite/within 10 metres of a junction & just generally causing an obstruction for large vehicles. I have never know of it happening and thats the main issue with the blue badge brigade.

Wish there was a decent way of reporting them for this, constant problem round here. Plenty of places they can park most 3 or 4 car lengths away but no they must sit on the junction as its next to the shops :imp:

Gridlocked a town the other day as I couldn’t make a bend in a one way system because of one parking on a junction to go in a cafe. Turns out they sat watching out the window for 15 mins while I was trying 100 shunts to get round.

Roymondo:

Muckaway:
Upset a lady driver today; She parked in the loading bay (clearly signed) just to load some shopping,

So, this driver stopped in a Loading Bay to Load her vehicle. And this is wrong, somehow?

Yes, some on-street loading bays are marked as “Goods Vehicles Only”, but the majority are not. But even when they are, it doesn’t mean “only HGVs” nor does it mean “only if delivering/loading in connection with your work or business”. Loading is loading (as is unloading).

Muckaway:
because she shouldn’tve been there. Warden had no problem with me doing it either. :laughing:
:smiling_imp:

I dont suppose the Warden would go about just issuing tickets for the sake off it. If she had been permitted there then He would have probably just walked on :wink:

I think the point the OP was making was not that she had pulled up to just pop a bag or two in the boot, but rather, she had parked in the loading bay, then proceeded to go shopping. Which, if correct, means she deserved everything she got.

Muckaway:
Upset a lady driver today; She parked in the loading bay (clearly signed) just to load some shopping …

Not what this says, cracker. Taken at face value, this seems to indicate she had every right to be there. If she did leave her car there and walk off, fair enough, but if there’s no more to it than this statement implies, I think Muckaway’s response was a bit of an overreaction.

eddie snax:
I dont suppose the Warden would go about just issuing tickets for the sake off it. If she had been permitted there then He would have probably just walked on :wink:

Parking Wardens are not the arbiters of what is or is not allowed by the relevant Regulations. They just do as they are told.

cracker-bar:
I think the point the OP was making was not that she had pulled up to just pop a bag or two in the boot, but rather, she had parked in the loading bay, then proceeded to go shopping. Which, if correct, means she deserved everything she got.

No mention of going shopping - he clearly stated she had stopped there “just to load some shopping” - which is usually permitted in Loading Bays.

Rhythm Thief:
If she was in the loading bay, and loading her vehicle, I don’t see how she was in the wrong. Doesn’t matter how big the vehicle or how small the load … I’d have waited for her to load her shopping, had a quick word if she didn’t get a move on and go once she was done, then blocked her in as a last resort. Just going for the last option first marks you out as a bit of a ■■■, to be honest.

+1 exactly what any decent driver would do.

Saw an incident today in a busy town centre.Old lady trying to park her car.Mr impatient comes along in his truck,stops and starts revving the engine and glaring at her.
What is wrong with these ignorant clowns?

Just 1 car ticketed!!!
My record is 6 taxis blocked in in a dead end street 3 on loading bays 3 on double yellows.
Traffic warden told me to block the street and do my drop, whilst she booked them all…
Never had a problem on that street since!!!

Hate folk who park right on to junctions or in stupid places… book em!!!