Parking in Hatfield area

Does anyone out there know of anywhere to park in the Hatfield area after tipping at 0100 tomorrow morning and then not being able to load Potters Bar until the afternoon. This is not for me as in my time there were 2 or 3 cafes which could have been used. This is for my lad, JR@RH who is now on Stobarts and running across from Lille this evening. Many thanks from Jon`s dad.

Welcome Break South Mimms?
or Junc 26 truckstop (only about 15 min away)

Hatfield its self, actually most of Hertfordshire, has 7.5t limits all over the place.

Best place i would imagine is the Business park (there’s only one) on the Old DH site. But noisy down Frobisher over night as we (DHL) have out Hub there, RM have a place there too.
The road along the back of T-Mobile and the Old DH works should be quiet enough though.

you can usually get a half dozen trucks on the service road behind tesco just off the a1/a414(e) junction. I have also parked in the actual carpark (shared between tesco & homebase) as suggested by tesco’s security, but that may not go down too well if he’ll be there most of the morning.

The industrial estate near computercentre etc is all double yellow lined now. i’d try and get a layby on the a414 towards st albans or on the a1081 between the a414 and j22 of the m25, but then I prefer laybys as I get a better nights sleep than in a poxy truckstop.

The industrial estate near computercentre etc is all double yellow lined now

Is it? Hadn;t noticed :blush:

I’m sure Frobisher way isnt though?

Didn’t there used to be a cafe along the A1000 between Brookmans Park and Welham Green?
I seem to recall it had a pallet yard in it but I’ve not been along there for a year or more.
Anyone been along there recently?

It was still there last year, on the A1000 the Old Great North Road, it’s called the Rookery Cafe and in the later years it had a drink license. Parking for about eight wagons, I last used it over thirty years back but remember the food was excellent.

The other cafe was about a mile south before closing in the Seventies, at Bell Bar where there were two haulage yards at the rear of the filling station that’s still there. That cafe was next to the ■■■■ O’ The North pub and the Public Bar was busy with drivers in the evening and Saturday lunchtime.

Sheeter:
It was still there last year, on the A1000 the Old Great North Road, it’s called the Rookery Cafe and in the later years it had a drink license. Parking for about eight wagons, I last used it over thirty years back but remember the food was excellent.

[

I must admit your memory is better than mine. I used to use the old A1 regularly in the late60s early 70s but I can only vaguely remember the cafes never mind the food they served. thanks for the help anyway. Hes on site now waiting to tip with another 16 or so hours to wait before loading.

I only remember that cafe because for most of the 1970’s, on and off, I worked out of one of those yards at Bell Bar. Anyway, if it is still there then it couldn’t be in a better location for your lad, between Hatfield and Potters Bar.

Thanks for the suggestions, Its been a while since i`ve needed to park in that area. In the end i managed to squeeze into South Mimms
I arrived at Ocado(sainsburys) at 2145. The gateman rang some nasty wench in Goods in who was adamant i had to wait until 0100…
During the next 3 hours guess how many motors went into there highly industrious and mega busy yard? NOT BLOODY ONE :imp:

Ocado(sainsburys)

or do you mean Ocado (waitrose) :laughing:

ocado.co.uk/

dennisw1:

Ocado(sainsburys)

or do you mean Ocado (waitrose) :laughing:

ocado.co.uk/

:blush: :blush: well it WAS late :laughing: :laughing: :wink: