Parking in felixstowe

could you help me out, would like some input about parking on or close to the docks.

scotlad:
could you help me out, would like some input about parking on or close to the docks.

you can get parked near 86park or the old trailor park y row or oysterbed road all inside the docks

Pretty sure if you are outside DFDS you are ok - often see units and trailers there over the weekend
regards
Steve

I always park in the Y park on the dock, you need to remember that you need a pass to get off the dock so don’t go on there with a box to park for the night unless you are going on the dock in the morning - I did it once :blush:

behind the police station is alright but u get trains passing by
regards gazzap

If I’m loading at 75 park in the morning I’ll park there, it’s quiet and out the way so no hassle. You’ll find it behind the old Maritime truck park (now a shunter training area) and the Crane that offloads the rail containers.

if you’re going into Trinity terminal with a box then you can park in the holding area, theres toliets but you’ll need your own food and drink.

i take it the good old cafe went a long time ago?, was a few yrs now since ive been in there,last time parked by the cop shop.

thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated

i always park behind the police station in the dock.

u can park on bp cost a fiver i think !! near 86 park behind police station or if u r solo the dooley pub car park !! or there is the orwell crossing at nacton ten mins from the port !!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

chappers580:
u can park on bp cost a fiver i think !! near 86 park behind police station or if u r solo the dooley pub car park !! or there is the orwell crossing at nacton ten mins from the port !!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

It,s a tenner now mate with a free shower but make sure you,ve got flip flops and had your injections :smiley: :smiley:

Mike-C:
if you’re going into Trinity terminal with a box then you can park in the holding area, theres toliets but you’ll need your own food and drink.

Are any of the dock canteens still open to driver’s?
It’s been 15 years since I did any work out of Felixstowe,but there used to be several canteens that driver’s could use.
Trinity canteen used to be okay,in fact when I drove for Port of Felixstowe Transport we were able to use the same side as the dockers (much to their disgust).
One of the best ones was the one at IMM,but I know that closed years ago.
The one up the stairs by the tank-farm was good too.

KW:

Mike-C:

It’s been 15 years since I did any work out of Felixstowe,but there used to be several canteens that driver’s could use.
Trinity canteen used to be okay,in fact when I drove for Port of Felixstowe Transport we were able to use the same side as the dockers (much to their disgust).

Was in the one upstairs last week. cottage pie roast pots and veg for £3.50 and apple crumble with custard for 95p. Last used Trinity back in Febuary but that has funny opening hours now!

msgyorkie:

KW:

Mike-C:

Was in the one upstairs last week. cottage pie roast pots and veg for £3.50 and apple crumble with custard for 95p. Last used Trinity back in Febuary but that has funny opening hours now!

I didn’t even know about any of these, I walk to the pub near tescos, 2 meals for 8 quid, or grab a steak for a fiver.

waynedl:
I didn’t even know about any of these, I walk to the pub near tescos, 2 meals for 8 quid, or grab a steak for a fiver.

Do you mean The Owl & Pusscat,outside Morrisons? Tesco’s is in the middle of the town.

KW:

waynedl:

Do you mean The Owl & Pusscat,outside Morrisons? Tesco’s is in the middle of the town.

:blush:

Yeah, that’s the 1, great little boozer, cheap beer and good food.

i find behind the police station too bloody noisey most nites… its the trains or reversing beepers going off…
ive started parking nr the south gates :question: where the duel carrigway road is. not as noisey as the plod park., but dont try this area if the plod are queing lorrys up to book in :blush: as they started lining up behind me, despite the fact id already parked up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and i get a better tv signal down ere compared to the plod parking area.

and if in a container you could get away with parking outside the owl and pussycat in the road which runs round the back of morrisons but beware there is a playground right behind as well so expect a few balls to come that way until it gets dark…

jayeastanglia:
and if in a container you could get away with parking outside the owl and pussycat in the road which runs round the back of morrisons but beware there is a playground right behind as well so expect a few balls to come that way until it gets dark…

And if the local plod is in the wrong mood,you could also find yourself with a ticket.
It is a 7.5t weight limit I do beleive.