Parking in Dover . . .

I know I am in the wrong forum for parking, but footfall is far greater on here :slight_smile:

Looking like I may be loading at Nagels (Langdons) in Whitfield, Dover quite regularly of a weekend …

I am looking at parking UNIT ONLY, between roughly 1pm Saturday and 1am Sunday

apart from the obvious truckstop (which is always full at weekends) … any ideas on where I could hide myself away on a Saturday afternoon/evening ■■?
T I A peeps :slight_smile:

Outside langdons if unit only I have in the past

If you don’t need any facilities then outside Scania at Tilmanstone, about two miles from Whitfield.

Maybe park in Tesco car park or just around the corner by Perrys garage. Depending how far you want to travel away, theres a layby in Ringwould, opposite the village hall.

M20 if stack is on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Husk/Sealane yard on the A2

theflyingdustman:
Husk/Sealane yard on the A2

And it’s snap

You can park round Tesco just outside the Perry car garage
Has KFC Tesco pub all near the industrial estate

Thank you for all the input … I shall look at all your suggestions (just gotta love this site for local ‘intel’)

Parked outside Langdons about 3 weeks ago, and one of their drivers insisted I park my unit in their car park, but said it was only an option on a Saturday but I would always be welcome …
so parked in the same spot yesterday (Saturday, once again) and got the shunter giving me the old “you can’t park there drive” routine a couple of hours later . . . (I really do need to buy an invisibility cloak :stuck_out_tongue: )

Can’t knock Langdons though … can’t beat a firm where you can drop your trailer off before your daily rest, an most times when you go back it is loaded and ready to roll … respect to the firm on that score.

I used to park my artic for a weekend break in Folkestone with no problems .
Come off the A20 to follow the A529 towards town centre.
Go past the train station, you have the choice of Cheriton road by Morrison’s with big lay by.
Or quieter Shorncliffe road, leafy suburbs and a short walk to town for food and nightclubs.
Postcode for the station is CT19 5HD.
Some parked in the shut down hover/ferry port in the old docks, there was a cafe there.

The council in Folkestone have put up signs saying no overnight parking for anything over 7.5t in all the usual places. Plenty of spots in Dover town for tractor only though, if you want to get near the town. Otherwise the layby outside Tesco at Whitfield is probably your best bet.

colinr:
The council in Folkestone have put up signs saying no overnight parking for anything over 7.5t in all the usual places. Plenty of spots in Dover town for tractor only though, if you want to get near the town. Otherwise the layby outside Tesco at Whitfield is probably your best bet.

Yep, you have to be lucky with your timing to get in that layby though. You can pick up Tesco’s free WiFi if you do. I’ve no idea what it’s like on a Saturday but there’s quit a few other places you can park on that estate