Parking in coach park south mimms

I have seen the odd lorry park in the coach park at South Mimms
I asked a few of them and was told that they when to the lorry park but it was full and the lorry park is separate from the coach park in the welcome break services
They said they went into the shop to try and pay but where told they could not pay as it was only for buses and parking there they take the chance of £100 fine but they still parked there anyway
There is a sing in the coach park saying coaches 2hrs free parking ANCR in operation
Has anyone ever done this and have you ever had any come back?

Singin. :sunglasses:

I like a good sing song in a coach, joking aside if the truck park is full and you’re short of time what else are you supposed to do.

mc thackeray:
I have seen the odd lorry park in the coach park at South Mimms
I asked a few of them and was told that they when to the lorry park but it was full and the lorry park is separate from the coach park in the welcome break services
They said they went into the shop to try and pay but where told they could not pay as it was only for buses and parking there they take the chance of £100 fine but they still parked there anyway
There is a sing in the coach park saying coaches 2hrs free parking ANCR in operation
Has anyone ever done this and have you ever had any come back?

I was in there the other week felling up with derv and a drive came in and was kicking off because he’d paid for parking, asked if he could park there apparently they said yes, but he had awoken to a £100 fine slapped on his screen, the people inside the shop said there is nothing they can do as the massive signs say no HGV.

If it was me, I wouldn’t park in the coach park there.

NewLad:
but he had awoken to a £100 fine slapped on his screen

It’s not a fine, it’s an invoice. Only the Police and local Councils can issue parking fines.

Me neither, maybe the same drivers are the ones who park also where the signs say Disabled Badge Holders Only , or No Parking, Wide Vehicles Only or do they think that the rules doesnt affect them, so if they park where it saysCoaches only, or No HGVs then they get all they deserve.

Whether you get a ticket here or not is pot luck there are no cameras just a local council ticket man who comes, out was parked in there about 2 months ago with at least 10 others no tickets in the morning. As to comparing it to parking in disabled bays take a reality pill how many coaches come in there during the night? and there are plenty of bays by the building for them 10 lorries on the far side is hardly causing a drama, we were parked in there because all lorry park was full.

Every time I go on Peterborough services there are trucks in the coach park despite there bein spaces in the lorry park. No doubt the same kind of driver who jumps up and down about caravans parking in truck spaces.